What's new

The spotlight is back on us, how will we fare?

The spotlight is back on us, how will we fare?

• We will exceed expectations and cement as a true contender (WCF / Finals)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • We will continue on a similar pace to the new expectations (2nd Round / WCF)

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • We will come down some similar to past seasons (1st Round / 2nd Round)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • We will come crashing down (Play in game / 1st Round)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

dipship31

I feel like this week the spotlight has returned to us. Coming into the season seemed like most predictions had us around 5/6 and nothing special so we were off most everyone's radar. With our style of play (raining 3's), great record, and all the Shaq drama from last week I feel like the spotlight is once again cast upon us. Mumbling of being title contenders, maybe WCF, still 2nd round at best, 1st round fodder still, etc. but the discussions are happening around the league about us. Now that some of the attention is back how do you think we'll handle it? I still feel we haven't even played to our full potential. We've been shooting well, but not lights out. I think we can keep that level of efficiency / number of attempts pretty close to what we have now for the rest of the season. We haven't taken care of the ball very well, we haven't forced a lot of turnovers, and we haven't shot well from the line. If we iron out some of those issues, with some of of our other hot numbers dipping we could just be looking at how good this team actually is right now.

Is it though? After the game last night the only articles I could find were about Curry moving into 2nd place on the 3 pt list. If the win was mentioned at all it was tacked on, like oh yeah they lost or whatever, but Curry!!

The jazz are still viewed as an also-ran, scrappy young over-achieving team. And that's fine with me.

Is it though? After the game last night the only articles I could find were about Curry moving into 2nd place on the 3 pt list. If the win was mentioned at all it was tacked on, like oh yeah they lost or whatever, but Curry!!

The jazz are still viewed as an also-ran, scrappy young over-achieving team. And that's fine with me.

It's not a Hollywood level spotlight for sure, but we're sure as hell being talked about a lot more than coming into the season. Also I agree the less coverage the better, but continued play at this level will no doubt keep us in more and more discussions.

What makes this year's squad legit contenders is that we were up on the Warriors by 40 but not one player on our team was doing anything EXTRAORDINARY - sure, everyone was playing pretty well. But, it's not like Mitchell had 50, or Gobert had a triple-double with 10 blocks, or Mike Conley shot 100% from the floor. The Jazz are just going through the offense, playing their defense, playing hard and getting wins as a team - due to our system. They can absolutely keep this up.

I don't think the options should be based on the Jazz playoff run. I think it should be where they finish the season, because that's going to have a huge impact on their success in the playoffs. If they are 1st or 2nd in the west I think they go to the WCF. Anything less than that and I'm not nearly as confident.

What makes this year's squad legit contenders is that we were up on the Warriors by 40 but not one player on our team was doing anything EXTRAORDINARY - sure, everyone was playing pretty well. But, it's not like Mitchell had 50, or Gobert had a triple-double with 10 blocks, or Mike Conley shot 100% from the floor. The Jazz are just going through the offense, playing their defense, playing hard and getting wins as a team - due to our system. They can absolutely keep this up.
In fact, clarkson struggled

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think the options should be based on the Jazz playoff run. I think it should be where they finish the season, because that's going to have a huge impact on their success in the playoffs. If they are 1st or 2nd in the west I think they go to the WCF. Anything less than that and I'm not nearly as confident.
I think we REALLY want the one seed. Only need to beat one of Lakers/Clips and they likely get to beat each other up in a 6/7 game series. Luckily I think we can do that.

Bojan was 3-13
Crazy
Imagine if bojan would have hit a handful of those wide open threes. Clarkson and bojan on and we might have got up by 60.

Jazz have 7 great shooters. They are very hard to defend. That's a lot of great shooters

It is depend on how players injured in playoff time. In playoff how team handle opponent like Djokic and Murray. Kawhi. Lebron and Davis. This players play more good in playoff than season.

I guess Curry breaking Reggies record is more popular than shaqs not-superstar interview of dm.

- we gonna be 2nd

If you think there is some spotlight on Jazz go to the nba website and you will see nothing Utah related in main news, highlights etc.

We need to be humming on all cylinders to beat Lebron and AD but based on our play of late it is possible. Looking forward to Shaq's interview with Don when we win it all.

ESPN's power rankings summary is all about us. We jumped from 7 to 3. They referred to us as " the most prolific 3-point shooting team in NBA history at this point". That's a bit of a spotlight I'd say.

ESPN's power rankings summary is all about us. We jumped from 7 to 3. They referred to us as " the most prolific 3-point shooting team in NBA history at this point". That's a bit of a spotlight I'd say.

Prolific, bitches.

Not that beating teams by 20 to 40 isn't noteworthy, but teams been doing It over the Warriors this season much more than ever in history people surpassed Reggie Miller on career threes

Not that beating teams by 20 to 40 isn't noteworthy, but teams been doing It over the Warriors this season much more than ever in history people surpassed Reggie Miller on career threes

Like you said though, teams not team. As I'm multiple teams. We have been blowing lots of teams out by 20 points during this streak not just golden state.

If you think there is some spotlight on Jazz go to the nba website and you will see nothing Utah related in main news, highlights etc.

BR. has us second in the power rankings they seem to be talking.
Apparently the jazz at this point are averaging the most made threes per game ever in the league to this point.