What's new

The Tony Bradley Thread

D

Deleted member 848

Can someone share what this dude has been up to these last few months? Did he look good at all last season? Can he be a full-time PF to complement Rudy?

If he could shoot the three ball at a 40% clip on a high volume, then we’d have our own version of the twin towers.

He can’t.

PF? Naw. I think he’s a backup 5.

I think he’ll do well in that role personally. A lot of people don’t like him bc he was in the G-League all year, which nobody watches, so he must be a bust and a waste of a pick.

I dont see him being a PF. He does not seem to move well enough to guard 4s. He looks like a center. I think he can hold down the backup spot. He can rebound, he has soft touch around the rim and can shoot okay. His defense seems fine but nothing special. I think Favors is a much better backup 5 than he is and a way better PF in our system where we switch a lot.

I dont see him being a PF. He does not seem to move well enough to guard 4s. He looks like a center. I think he can hold down the backup spot. He can rebound, he has soft touch around the rim and can shoot okay. His defense seems fine but nothing special. I think Favors is a much better backup 5 than he is and a way better PF in our system where we switch a lot.

Totally. But Favs is expensive.

Totally. But Favs is expensive.
Sure, but we have the cap room. As long as its only 1 year or a 2 year with a team option for the 2nd. We can over pay him to make it worth his time.

We would really struggle to get far enough under the cap room to chase a FA. But we are far enough under the luxury cap line to retain our guys.

Plus I am not paying the salary so I would prefer them to spend as much as they can. They are making a **** ton of money from the Jazz, spend away. As long as it doesnt effect our long term ability to sign someone which Favors will not with this type of contract.

Pure 5.

I see nothing to be excited about. Jazz will find better players in free agency and prospects in any given draft, especially since/particularly because I cannot envision a scenario where he is able to play beside our franchise C.

@cy says he is lemarcus Aldridge so be patient.

I should not post in this thread after last night but this is another pick I didn’t like because backup centers are plentiful and cheap... using a first (even a late one) to develop a backup (and killing a roster spot) is tough to swallow. Maybe he becomes more but I see no way he can share the floor with Rudy... hope I’m wrong.

Sure, but we have the cap room. As long as its only 1 year or a 2 year with a team option for the 2nd. We can over pay him to make it worth his time.

We would really struggle to get far enough under the cap room to chase a FA. But we are far enough under the luxury cap line to retain our guys.

Plus I am not paying the salary so I would prefer them to spend as much as they can. They are making a **** ton of money from the Jazz, spend away. As long as it doesnt effect our long term ability to sign someone which Favors will not with this type of contract.
No way Favors agrees to 1+1 with the +1 being a team option. He's going to be looking for 3 years minimum. I'm sure he'd take a 3/42 over a 2/32.

@cy says he is lemarcus Aldridge so be patient.

I should not post in this thread after last night but this is another pick I didn’t like because backup centers are plentiful and cheap... using a first (even a late one) to develop a backup (and killing a roster spot) is tough to swallow. Maybe he becomes more but I see no way he can share the floor with Rudy... hope I’m wrong.
I hate to drag peripheral stuff into this, but how would you like to spend that roster spot — with a KBD, a Spellman, or a Bradley?

Watched a lot of his G-League highlights. I like him. He's very efficient. Aside from the rebounding he does have good anticipation toward blocking shots and he is a good help defender who watches the floor and not just the man he's guarding.

He scores a lot of points on quick release shots. He'll cut to the basket (or sag off the defender who is fronting him) and will shoot the ball almost immediately after catching it. Sometimes he leaves his feet, catches the ball and sort of hooks it in while in midair. It sounds strange but he scores a lot of points this way and his teammates were good at getting him the ball in the right spot. Also, Bradley positions himself very well so he can receive the pass and score. He thinks ahead in that way.

He has good footwork. He doesn't back his defender down a lot but I think that will be a reality of his game in the future.

He takes an occasional jumper. I think that's where he most needs to improve.

Anyone who knows anything about Bradley knows he's very fundamentally sound. That was known of him even when he was in college. Because of this, he's a great rebounder (as he actually boxes out) and because of this he got a lot of offensive boards in the G-League.

What else... he's a capable passer and I think he must have some sort of work-ethic as his free throw shooting percentage went up 20% from college to the G-League.

Pure 5.

I see nothing to be excited about. Jazz will find better players in free agency and prospects in any given draft, especially since/particularly because I cannot envision a scenario where he is able to play beside our franchise C.

Picks like this can be costly because you make other decisions around them and use a roster spot for a non contributor. It isn’t just a late round flier... If they are hits you need to trade them before they are more expensive than a bench player should be... injuries happen, BPA, blah blah

Should have taken Josh Hart imo... and that was my opinion at the time too... no hindsight needed.

No way Favors agrees to 1+1 with the +1 being a team option. He's going to be looking for 3 years minimum. I'm sure he'd take a 3/42 over a 2/32.
Let him go. Let him go.
Can’t hold him back anymore.
Let him go. Let him go.
Look around and find something more.
I don’t care what homers are going to say.
Let free agency rage on. Udoh never bothered me anyway.

Watched a lot of his G-League highlights. I like him. He's very efficient. Aside from the rebounding he does have good anticipation toward blocking shots and he is a good help defender who watches the floor and not just the man he's guarding.

He scores a lot of points on quick release shots. He'll cut to the basket (or sag off the defender who is fronting him) and will shoot the ball almost immediately after catching it. Sometimes he leaves his feet, catches the ball and sort of hooks it in while in midair. It sounds strange but he scores a lot of points this way and his teammates were good at getting him the ball in the right spot.

He has good footwork. He doesn't back his defender down a lot but I think that will be a reality of his game in the future.

He takes an occasional jumper. I think that's where he most needs to improve.

Anyone who knows anything about Bradley knows he's very fundamentally sound. That was known of him even when he was in college. Because of this, he's a great rebounder (as he actually boxes out) and because of this he got a lot of offensive boards in the G-League.

What else... he's a capable passer and I think he must have some sort of work-ethic as his free throw shooting percentage went up 20% from college to the G-League.

He’s fine... I’ve compared him to old man pau with less shooting and better defensive feet. We need to play him this year though and see for sure... if he can’t handle 10-15 backup minutes now we are in trouble.

I hate to drag peripheral stuff into this, but how would you like to spend that roster spot — with a KBD, a Spellman, or a Bradley?

This is exactly why I should have stayed out of this thread. Don’t make me sad.

If you take a backup C make sure he provides some variance... so Wagner Spellman who can shoot are fliers I’d take... hell I’d even understand a spot for Thomas Bryant who can shoot but may be the second coming of Speights... or Jordan bell... a switch center (I think he’s overrated btw)

Let him go. Let him go.
Can’t hold him back anymore.
Let him go. Let him go.
Look around and find something more.
I don’t care what homers are going to say.
Let free agency rage on. Udoh never bothered me anyway.
If Favors wants to stay for the MLE I would consider keeping him longterm. Would be willing to throw in an extra million per year to beat any run-of-the-mill team above the cap. That is the absolute ceiling for me, anything north of that and I sprint. And that's as a fallback option.

I don't think it makes sense for him or for us for him to stay and I really, really just am so sick of talking about Derrick Favors.

You are wrong there is no space... especially for bigs... MLE or Dallas missing on 3 or 4 guys are his ceiling offers... sign and trades are also complex because then the other team is hard capped.

This ain’t 2016