What's new

The Truth

billyshelby

Since the glorious SA win:

We have averaged 88 points a game.
Opponents have averaged 98.

The 98 is not good. But the 88 is inept. Just on pure scoring stats, that ranks us LAST. What we are seeing is scouting. Teams are killing our break and daring us to beat them with half court offense. Unfortunately, we don't have one.

We do have the players to win games. We just don't have a media that understands that, and consequently we get shills like Locke who never even raise the question that Ty might not actually be a good coach.

Stop the madness. Get a real coach. And stop believing in the shills. Locke is an employee. He's part of the propaganda machine.

We need a better coach.

Nice post. I would add that we need a better point guard. Imagine if John Stockton were running the team with Kanter, Favors, Hayward, Al, Sap, Marvin, Carroll, Burks and Foye.

But yeah, our coach can't even adjust to a zone or take advantage of basic mismatches, let alone run an offense like a swiss watch. Corbin is a major step back from Sloan, who was apparently at the game again tonight.

Agreed. Always been a believer in Corbin till tonight, with Jerry being there it reminded me that even when the jazz had off days, they weren't as awful as tonight. Purely embarrassing night for corbin

The Jazz should bring Phil Johnson in to run our offense. He's just sitting there in the broadcast studio. Hornacek and Syndey Lowe are basically player-development guys.

Well, after the first game of 2011 season I said that BigAl and Raja must go.
Later I said that Corbin must go and that this organization in too soft.

A lot of time wasted, but they still has the power to become better than average if the right decisions are made.

Well, after the first game of 2011 season I said that BigAl and Raja must go.
Later I said that Corbin must go and that this organization in too soft.

A lot of time wasted, but they still has the power to become better than average if the right decisions are made.

but whats the use if raja bell goes.
and we get foye.

atleast raja bell had some better defense

I've said Corbin should go since very early into his head coaching. After a few weeks, it was evident the guy was a lost dog. If some of you can't see that in watching him speak or in his body language, I don't know what else to say. He's just not very intelligent and if he is, then he's God awful at communicating it.

Another coach I have thought of recently is Billy Donovan. I don't think he'd come here .. but I did think of him, lol.

I've said Corbin should go since very early into his head coaching. After a few weeks, it was evident the guy was a lost dog. If some of you can't see that in watching him speak or in his body language, I don't know what else to say. He's just not very intelligent and if he is, then hes God awful at communicating it.

There are some good coaches that don't communicate well (Tubby Smith is one). Having said that, I've been right there since day 1 .. need a proven/strong coach. With this team lacking an identity and floor leader, we must have a strong coach with proven coaching abilities.

There are some good coaches that don't communicate well (Tubby Smith is one). Having said that, I've been right there since day 1 .. need a proven/strong coach. With this team lacking an identity and floor leader, we must have a strong coach with proven coaching abilities.

Tubby Smith, at least the one I remember, is fiery. Corbin's a muzzled little bitch.

I can`t stand Corbin`s rotations, and he just doesn`t seem to have the personality and sway, that a good head coach needs.

So the SA win was the pinnacle? Will we be forced to endure a slow and steady slide into the abyss, without anything changing?

I kind of doubt it. Jazz managment built this roster with the goal of a 1st round payday. As the team continues to falter, and the playoffs drift further and further from view (today Jazz are in a tie for 9th place) managment will be forced by thier own goals, and for their own jobs, to do something.

Agreed. Always been a believer in Corbin till tonight, with Jerry being there it reminded me that even when the jazz had off days, they weren't as awful as tonight. Purely embarrassing night for corbin

How long have you been a Jazz fan? There have been way worse exhibitions than last night even with Jerry Sloan as a coach. Talent, coaching, and a lack of vision by the organization is why the Jazz are stuck at .500.

So the SA win was the pinnacle? Will we be forced to endure a slow and steady slide into the abyss, without anything changing?

I kind of doubt it. Jazz managment built this roster with the goal of a 1st round payday. As the team continues to falter, and the playoffs drift further and further from view (today Jazz are in a tie for 9th place) managment will be forced by thier own goals, and for their own jobs, to do something.

When has anyone in Jazz management had to worry about their job? I can't remember when someone was fired. Tom Nilsalke (sp?).

Nice post. I would add that we need a better point guard. Imagine if John Stockton were running the team with Kanter, Favors, Hayward, Al, Sap, Marvin, Carroll, Burks and Foye.

But yeah, our coach can't even adjust to a zone or take advantage of basic mismatches, let alone run an offense like a swiss watch. Corbin is a major step back from Sloan, who was apparently at the game again tonight.

Well, what is funny in your post is that the issue of not being able to deal with a zone is a holdover from the Sloan days. We had the same problem then, especially with GS. You would think we would learn but no.