What's new

Think the Jazz will match Portland's offer?

Think the Jazz will match Portland's offer?

• Yes, the Jazz know that they can't lose out on Wes

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No, the Jazz laugh their butts off as Portland just overspent on an average player

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my poll question is WILL the Jazz match the offer. This is different than your thread of SHOULD. I apologize if they're considered the same thing. But I figured in this thread we can speculate as to whether the Jazz will match it. While in your thread we discuss IF we should.

I am just hoping the Jazz realize that this was all a ploy to make them financially FUBAR and we should let Portland get stuck with that contract.

Last edited:
Who has the most influence in matching this?

Jerry?
KOC?
Greggie?

What do you think those 3 people think about Wesley and this Portland deal?

Who has the most influence in matching this?

Jerry?
KOC?
Greggie?

What do you think those 3 people think about Wesley and this Portland deal?

KOC - no
Jerry - doesn't care - it's not his job to decide
Greg - yes.

Does that mean the final vote goes to Gail?

I'm really frightened they might. But I have to pray KOC has a brain and they don't, so I vote no.

I said yes. i guess it's still crazy to me that we could lose this guy after just one year..i feel like throwing up

Ummm???? I would think knowing the details of the contract would be an important piece of answering this question?

Before we panic and say this is too much $$$, remember all the contracts that seemed to be too much, then over time, as ALL salaries increased, it really was not that bad a salary after all.
In my mind, the fact that AK's contract is up after next year is very key here. Do we want to keep an AK who looks maxed out, even regressing, versus a young and just beginning what looks like a very good career, player in Wes Matthews? At this stage, my $$$ would be on Matthews, and I would think that's the Jazz's position. After all, they just let Boozer walk the year after Millsap got his big $$$...

Another point; how long has it been since Hornacek retired? How many SG's have we gone thru looking for Horny's replacement? Just when we find finally the best candidate, we're gonna let him walk? I think not...

Well the thing is we don't quite know yet how good Wes will become, that's the scary part of it. Who knows? I think staying in Utah would be the best thing for him personally, he seems to fit well in our offense, but I'm happy for him going for being undrafted to getting higher paid than the top picks from the draft. That's quite a rags to riches success story itself.