What's new

Thoughts on a Trevor Booker reunion?

oneye

2018 Award Winner
He’s lobbied pretty hard for it on twitter. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Booker would come back in a heartbeat if the Jazz wanted him. And with the effort and accountability I’ve seen of late I wouldn’t mind his toughness and urgency on the court. I know he’s not on a roster for reason at the moment but can he add something we may lack? He knows Quin well, and respects Quin a lot. He will give effort and won’t allow us to be pushed around during his minutes on the floor. I wouldn’t mind seeing a Jae Crowder like toughness return to the team. Booke has that. I don’t know who you waive though to make room.

He can't shoot. We should start playing Brantley.
The offense simply isn’t the problem. There’s a real lack of effort and toughness. We’re talking 12-14 minutes a night. I mean would Bookes defense be better than Niangs offense in those minutes to offset it? If Niang isn’t giving us a few 3’s during his minutes he’s a real liability. I’m not saying this is a big fix, but he might bring a few things others aren’t. I’m on board with giving Brantley a chance but I don’t know how ready he actually is.

Book would at least stand up and fight when other teams are kicking sand in our faces. I don't see a lot of that spunk the last 5 games.

I'd still rather play Booker all of Niang's minutes. Hell, bring AK back for all of Niang's minutes

Mark Eaton's at the arena all the time, sign him and play him over Niang's minutes

Certain Jazz fans always wishing for former Jazz players to return without thinking that just maybe they are not as good as they were the first time around. I say No.. to Booker.

To me the idea of signing him isn't that for him to get a bunch of points or anything. It's to give the roster some toughness and a guy who will let people know if they are playing like crap.

Certain Jazz fans always wishing for former Jazz players to return without thinking that just maybe they are not as good as they were the first time around. I say No.. to Booker.
We’re not under any illusions about them performing at the level of their first stint. It’s the level of some other guys’ first stints that has us concerned.