• Mostly cheers, scattered boos

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • 50/50

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Mostly boos, scattered cheers

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

dipship31

How will the reception be tonight for AK? There were scattered boos for Korver when he stepped on to the floor after being great for us and writing the fans a very nice thank you letter so it's pretty much a given some fans will boo any former Jazz man regardless of how they left. I think it'll be around 50/50.

Edit: Also if I was at the arena I'd cheer.

BOO AK!

And curse the anti-capitalization features of this board that hinder my running gags.

I like AK. I wish him the best. I'd probably boo him out of respect and tradition.

I just really hope my League Pass gives me the Jazz feed so I can listen to Harpring on AK for the whole night. That will be swell.

I hope the are far more cheers than Boo's. AK was one of my all time favorite Jazz players. His contract drove me nuts in the later years. But I always liked AK as a person and a player.

Interesting Tweet from Greg Miller incouraging Jazz Fans to Give AK a nice round of applause tonight for all that he did for the Jazz

Interesting Tweet from Greg Miller incouraging Jazz Fans to Give AK a nice round of applause tonight for all that he did for the Jazz

That is interesting. I think it speaks well of the organization.

It's hard not to hold his huge contract and diminishing production against him, but really, who turns down the bigger contract? No one unless their really ****ing dumb. I can't say he phoned it in. Maybe it was the system, how he was utilized, team chemistry, etc. I can't say. I loved watching him play when he played well. He was special.

Even I think he was phoning it in by the last season, and unfortunately, that last impression is probably what will drive the reaction.

He certainly doesn't deserve cheers. It would be cool if the crowd treated him like he treated the Jazz under the majority of the contract that killed any championship hopes before there could really be any and be ambivalent.

I'd cheer him... It's not his fault KOC gave him a billion dollars..

You mean it's not his fault that he negotiated with LHM under "NOTHING UNDER THE MAX" as a starting point and used the media to try and get leverage?

I understand the idea that you get what you can while you can when you're a player, but there's fair negotiation, and then there's Latrell Sprewell.

That said, LHM totally blew it on this call (in addition to Harpring's 4th year, in addition to Gail and the Memo extension).

I'd cheer.

Also, since I'm in tank mode, I'm hoping for a nostalgic 5x5 with a stuff on every one of the five youngins incl. Carroll. Y'all know at least one on Haywad is guaranteed. White on white crime baby.

I'll always cheer for AK. One of the more unique players I've ever seen and far more talented than he's given credit for.

Not suggesting anything different could have been done, but I'd kill to swap AK for Marvin. That one switch would make us so much better.