What's new

Tonight's Real Storyline: Kanter v Jonas

BabyPeterzz

Contributor
Kanter should get 20 - 30 tonight depending on Al. We'll hopefully get to see a good amount of Kanter v Jonas. Enes is going to eat Jonas' lunch.

Let the infighting begin.

Kanter with 22 pts, 15 boards, 3 blocks, 2 assists and a steal in 29 minutes.

Kanter with 22 pts, 15 boards, 3 blocks, 2 assists and a steal in 29 minutes.

sounds about right. kanter was drafted before him for a reason. the guy is a beast. he jsut needs a few mons to settle into his role

I hope Jefferson won't destroy Kanter's night and rest his back for just one game. This is the match-up i want to see.

What about the integrity of the game, and the people who paid to watch Al, and Root sports expectation that Al would be there, and the Les Olsen Company sponsored the game probably because they thought Al would be playing.

stern.jpg

lol^^^ i think bulls should be fined for not playing rose as well. if the dude has been sprinting and dunking the guy can play...

What about the integrity of the game, and the people who paid to watch Al, and Root sports expectation that Al would be there, and the Les Olsen Company sponsored the game probably because they thought Al would be playing.

stern.jpg

"People who paid to watch Al". Smallest minority of the world.. Just ignore them and have fun!

Kanter v Jonas would be nice t.o see, agreed
The only thing interesting about this silly game would be this.
Please sit Big Al. No one wants to see you play tonight

I'd estimate Kanter will see 18 minutes or less tonight.

Jonas will tear him apart.
You know, twas a mistake to draft Kanter...

just imitating AKMVP dude!

stern.jpg

The way I see it, Stern should be fining the Jazz for playing Al. What about all the fans that paid to see Favors/Kanter play the past two years?!

Jonas will tear him apart.
You know, twas a mistake to draft Kanter...
just imitating AKMVP dude!

It is not about Jonas vs Kanter. It is who was better fit for the Jazz and I see Jonas as much better fit here then in Toronto and vice versa. Just think about it for a minute. Jonas is much better pick and roll player, passer and shot blocker - fits into our motion happy system like a glove. Kanter is better iso and post up guy - just what doctor ordered for Toronto. I am still baffled by Jazz decision to draft Kanter who is at his best poor man's Jefferson - why draft guy with same set of skills?
Jonas despite posting nice numbers in few games ( like 22pt,7reb, 3ast,3blk vs Duncan ) is completely out of his element in Toronto. Their guards have no clue how to run pick and roll and all his points coming from iso's, mid range jumpers or offensive rebounding/putbacks, they do not even run any plays for him there. All their stupid offense goes through Lowry, Derozan and Bargnani outside shooting. I watched numerous Raptors games and he rolls to the basket after setting screen, wide open with hands in the air asking for pass - which never comes. That being said if they do it against Jefferson then Jonas can have 30 pt night - but of course we do not need to fear this as Raptors chuckers will dominate their offense with outside shooting. Plus Jonas gets in foul trouble a lot as he needs to defend for two, being on the court together with second worse big man defender ( yes Bargnani is just slightly better defending paint then Boozer) in all NBA does not help.