What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

lol and what would have had to give up to do that

Cap space and picks. Memphis was wanting to move down if somebody took Parsons' contract. We could have done that. It might have taken a few 2nd rounders, our first, maybe another protected first and we would have lost Favors and maybe Thabo, but JJJ would have been worth it.

If we are looking to trade with the Grizzlies, we should offer them anything humanly possible to get Jaren Jackson Jr. I literally would take that awful Parsons contract and send back multiple first round picks. And send Exum. Send Bradley. I don't care.
I’m 100% certain we have nothing they want want other than Rudy and DM, maybe.
I agree. That's why I want him. However, I don't see him on the same level as Mitchell or even near it. Jaren looks like a great player for a long time. Mitchell is the type guy who changes your franchise both on and off the court.

If we offered multiple 1st round picks, took their bad contracts, and sent them Exum and Bradley, maybe they listen. Maybe they don't. Memphis is a mess right now.
I don’t know quite yet if he’s on DM’s level, but the potential is there
Remember when there was rumors during the draft that we were putting together a package to move up to get JJJ? ****!
I don’t recall any rumors?
We should have.

Cap space and picks. Memphis was wanting to move down if somebody took Parsons' contract. We could have done that. It might have taken a few 2nd rounders, our first, maybe another protected first and we would have lost Favors and maybe Thabo, but JJJ would have been worth it.

You’re delusional

I’m 100% certain we have nothing they want want other than Rudy and DM, maybe.

I don’t know quite yet if he’s on DM’s level, but the potential is there

I don’t recall any rumors?

You’re delusional

I've said all along that I don't think we could have pulled it off, but we probably didn't even try. We were hell bent on keeping Favors and any salary taking deal would have ruined that.

All 3 did not play today in Atl's win over OKC. Baze has been out a while, Lin missed his first game with an illness, and Dedmon missed his second with a sprained ankle. Maybe it means nothing.

I've said all along that I don't think we could have pulled it off, but we probably didn't even try. We were hell bent on keeping Favors and any salary taking deal would have ruined that.

That’s really not fair to DL... how do you know he didn’t try? How do we know it was really available? He ain’t sitting on his hands. Plus we could have done a deal then retained our guys if we wanted... might have had to squeeze them a bit and release thabo and Udoh. Salary would have had to match too.

That’s really not fair to DL... how do you know he didn’t try? How do we know it was really available? He ain’t sitting on his hands. Plus we could have done a deal then retained our guys if we wanted... might have had to squeeze them a bit and release thabo and Udoh. Salary would have had to match too.
We couldn't take a salary like Parsons without renouncing Favors and probably others.

I speculate DL didn't try because he was waiting outside Favors' door the second free agency started last year. It's hard to think we had any other plan when Favors was that much of a priority. Once he signed, we were pretty much capped out.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I am sure we try 100's of things for everything 1 thing that works out. It takes two to tango.

If Lopo was a GM I'm convinced the 29 other GM's would just let his calls go to voicemail after his first 10 trade proposals.

Actually, I think they will take his calls, fleece him and get 3 unprotected 1 round picks from the Jazz for someone like Parsons

All good, Lopo ;)

Actually, I think they will take his calls, fleece him and get 3 unprotected 1 round picks from the Jazz for someone like Parsons

All good, Lopo ;)
Nah when I have seen lopo talk about trading for a guy like Parsons we always get the draft picks with the bad contract..... Or a good player with the bad contract (like Beal for taking mahimi and giving some other stuff)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app