What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

No!! Harpring was way more impactful. There was a time nba rumors were swirling that the clippers were seriously looking into trading Elton Brand for Harpring. Sadly Harpring’s body started to fail him way early in his career
When? Certainly not when he was in Utah. We pursued Brand as a FA before he signed the offer sheet with Miami, and we signed Maggette, but that’s the only Brand connection we’ve had.

When? Certainly not when he was in Utah. We pursued Brand as a FA before he signed the offer sheet with Miami, and we signed Maggette, but that’s the only Brand connection we’ve had.

Man, Maggette would've been so awesome on our team back then. I remember that.

Brogdon is a poor man's conley. I would do Brogdon over Conley because I think you get 90% of Conley's game for $0.50 on the dollar savings.

That's the main reason you go for Tobias Harris. Tobias at $25 million per year is a great deal. Tobias at $33 million per year is a burden.
They aren't alike.

Conley is a true lead guard. Brogdon is more of a combo guard.

What do you guys think about John Collins? I know that Hawks are pretty much high on him and is probably untouchable atm. Donovan's best bud as well. Maybe offer Favors since he's from Atlanta, Bradley and picks. Just a thought, don't get hell bent on it people. lol

What do you guys think about John Collins? I know that Hawks are pretty much high on him and is probably untouchable atm. Donovan's best bud as well. Maybe offer Favors since he's from Atlanta, Bradley and picks. Just a thought, don't get hell bent on it people. lol
I'd love John Collins but like you said I don't think Atlanta deals him.

Collins is going to be a star in the next few years and he's worth building around. 25 and 10 easy. He's 100% their best player.

Collins is going to be a star in the next few years and he's worth building around. 25 and 10 easy. He's 100% their best player.
25 and 10 when they are tanking maybe.

He's good and talented, but I don't think his potential is that high. He's also a bad defender.

I'd rather keep the draft pick and sign Niko in free agency.
This. I really don't see Lindsey giving up a pick at this point unless something really overwhelms him. Favors HAS been looking better lately. He's too valuable behind Rudy; there's a HUGE drop-off between him and Udoh.

If the Jazz strike out in free agency, re-signing Favors wouldn't be a huge disaster. But we need to do something at PG.

You do not trade favors for Niko. You just sign him this offseason and if we can't get anyone....well then, we have favors for another year

You do not trade favors for Niko. You just sign him this offseason and if we can't get anyone....well then, we have favors for another year
You either trade Favors for Mirotic now or you drop Favors for Mirotic later.

The only difference is that trading for him now gives us a chance to see how he fits. If he doesn't really fit, we could avoid a $25+ mistake...

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

A player I would love to have that is looki g to be traded is Jaylen Brown from Boston. I think he would be a perfect fit here in Utah. He's a really good defender, super athletic and can create his own shot which I think we lack outside of Mitchell. Not sure who we would have to trade to get him but I assume we would lose either Rubio or Exum and another piece or a draft pick. I think it would be worth it if Brown can come in and play like he did last year. I would also then move Mitchell to the starting point and Brown to the two.

Mitchell
Brown
Ingles
Favors
Gobert

I like it but again, not sure what it would take to get Brown but I know he's ready to get out of Boston.

Latest news from Memphis is that Gasol and Conley have had a meeting with their owner and that trades are impending.

Latest news from Washington is that the Wizards do not want to get future assets and cap relief for Otto Porter. They want to continue to contend for playoffs...

With those in mind... here's my idea for a trade:

It's a bit complicated. Brace yourselves!

UTA trades 2 1st round picks, Dante Exum, Derrick Favors, Thabo Sefolosha, Ricky Rubio
UTA gets Mike Conley, Otto Porter

MEM trades Marc Gasol, Mike Conley
MEM gets 2 1st round picks from the Jazz(put whatever protection would make sense), Ian Mahinmi, Derrick Favors, Dante Exum

WAS trades Otto Porter, Ian Mahinmi
WAS gets Marc Gasol, Ricky Rubio, Thabo Sefolosha

Why for UTA: Utah replaces 2 starters by 2 players that better fit the roster. In essence this is an admission by the Jazz that they are not likely to get anyone better in free agency than those two and decision to use the capspace on those 2 players. Starting lineup of Conley-Mitchell-Ingles-Porter-Gobert gives a great balance between offense/shooting and defense.

Why for MEM: they decide to finally break up their aging duo and start over by getting a young guard in Exum, and 2 1st round picks, Derrick Favors can also be flipped for more if they decide they wouldn't want to keep him past this year

Why for WAS: The latest news is that they don't want to trade Porter for future assets and they want to continue to contend. This one gives them a better center than they've had recently and a starter at the PG while Wall returns. They also get depth at the wing in Sefolosha. All those are win now pieces. Clearing Ian Mahinmi is just welcome a bonus

Trade goes through on the trade machine: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8yu7m9k

Thoughts?