What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I love it. "Exum and Favors suck" so NOLA will give us their 2 of 3 best players for players that are trash. That'll convince AD to stay. Lmfao dumbasses. Might as well trade favors and exum for lebron since the pipe dreams are going. How about you stop and think about the other team and why they'd do it before you post dumb af trade ideas. Fishon's bulb must be out.
Shad, c'mon man, you got to be brighter than that. We are only talking about Jrue and Mirotic in the event that the Pelicans decide to trade AD for Lonzo Ball and other young players as part of a rebuild.

NOLA will not want to pay Jrue $26 million a year if AD isnt there and they have Lonzo. Favors' expiring and Exum's potential could intrigue NOLA. Plus 1st rounder(s) too of course.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I love it. "Exum and Favors suck" so NOLA will give us their 2 of 3 best players for players that are trash. That'll convince AD to stay. Lmfao dumbasses. Might as well trade favors and exum for lebron since the pipe dreams are going. How about you stop and think about the other team and why they'd do it before you post dumb af trade ideas. Fishon's bulb must be out.
A. First you act like the trade is horrible for the jazz and now you act like it's too favorable for the jazz?
B. This hypothetical trade was based on the assumption that AD gets traded first.

Lol at your stupidity.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Okay, so here are my current options:

Option #1 - if we are lucky, no team trades for Ariza by January 15. Hopefully, Phoenix and Igor have interest in Exum. Ariza for Exum is pretty fair for both sides. Sure beats Phoenix just buying Ariza out. And if we are still out on Exum, just cut him loose, get a great expiring vet for the playoffs, and move on. If we go this route, we have more money to spend in the summer.

Option #2 - once again, this is a January 15 or later scenario. Trade with NOLA if they trade AD. We have been over this one, but use Favors, Exum, Rubio, picks, whatever necessary. Go after Jrue, Mirotic and Randle in that order. Some or all three guys should be available if NOLA rebuilds.

Option #3 - Beal - once again, a January 15 or later idea. It is very unrealistic, but we have a glimmer of hope. It would take us taking Mahinmi's deal and probably sending 2 1sts.

Option #4 - after January 15, Favors and expirings for Hardaway and Ntilikina works well. NY goes full tank and dreams of a big free agent this summer.

Option #5 - Otto Porter - post January 15, we could give Washington expirings and luxury relief.

Option #6 - if Miami keeps struggling, we look to send expirings for some of their role players. I would target Winslow, Olynyk maybe even Richardson if he becomes available. They could avoid the luxury with the right deal.

Option # 7 - after January 15, Exum to Orlando for Simmons. Just like Ariza, this would be an Exum dump for an expiring vet.

Regardless, we need to do something else. Korver was a great deal but we need more.

NOP isn't going to give up Jrue because of a hypothetical Lonzo acquisition, unless they're trying to full out tank. Those guys would play fine together.

The thing about the Korver trade is that I feel like now the Jazz won't be making any moves for a while. Things are all of a sudden looking up and they want to see where this core goes with Korver now. They could be presented with an amazing opportunity but because they're so reactive instead of proactive I don't think they'd take it right now.

The thing about the Korver trade is that I feel like now the Jazz won't be making any moves for a while. Things are all of a sudden looking up and they want to see where this core goes with Korver now. They could be presented with an amazing opportunity but because they're so reactive instead of proactive I don't think they'd take it right now.
I agree. We are going to play better, start feeling good, and get some "false contender" type confidence.

One thing to notice though - Favors' minutes are trending down and I could see that staying the case with Korver, Crowder and even Thabo getting more minutes. Sure, we could just keep him and let him walk in the summer, but maybe we finally send him packing in the right deal.

NOP isn't going to give up Jrue because of a hypothetical Lonzo acquisition, unless they're trying to full out tank. Those guys would play fine together.
Full out tank is the part of the equation that we are speaking of when talking about aquiring holiday.

Full out tank is the part of the equation that we are speaking of when talking about aquiring holiday.

Exactly. In the unlikely but hypothetical scenario that NOLA trades AD in for youth, they do that because their season has been a failure. So if it's late January or early February and NOLA is clearly out of realistic contention, they would be wise to go into tank mode. Why would they try to fight with Lonzo and Ingram and Jrue and Mirotic if they are already out of it?

If they got Zion to go with Lonzo and Ingram, they might have a brighter future than their current one.

I hope we don’t make any other trades unless we trade Exum for an expiring, but that’s just wishful thinking. I believe we can score in free agency. I think there are guys that would welcome playing for a coach like Quin, and play along side Gobert, Mitchell, and even Ingles. I’m looking at Harris. He could see himself as the final part that puts the jazz at that extra level, and if the money is right, why not the jazz. I see no reason to give up assets right now (1st round picks)

I hope we don’t make any other trades unless we trade Exum for an expiring, but that’s just wishful thinking. I believe we can score in free agency. I think there are guys that would welcome playing for a coach like Quin, and play along side Gobert, Mitchell, and even Ingles. I’m looking at Harris. He could see himself as the final part that puts the jazz at that extra level, and if the money is right, why not the jazz. I see no reason to give up assets right now (1st round picks)

I've been on the Tobias bandwagon for years, but with the way he and the Clips are playing, he'll get close to max money and I doubt Jerry West lets him walk, sadly. He's in a pretty sweet spot there too.

I'm trying to think about what can be done with the two expiring trade exceptions, since they can't be combined with any other contracts. They're up February 8, one is $3.7m and one is $2.4m

I'm trying to think about what can be done with the two expiring trade exceptions, since they can't be combined with any other contracts. They're up February 8, one is $3.7m and one is $2.4m
I like that Dotson kid in NY. He is almost hurting their tank. He is on an O'Neale size bargain deal through next season.

I'm not necessarily saying this specifically, but the type of deal you could maybe get would be absorbing a Jamal Crawford or Vince Carter from a team that has no use of these guys in exchange for a second round pick.

Could they swing Love and Wall? Favors and Picks for Love. Rubio and Picks for Wall. Additional players for salary reasons
Gobert
Love
Ingles
Mitchell
Wall
That could be a starting five that could compete with Warriors.

Okay, so here are my current options:

Option #1 - if we are lucky, no team trades for Ariza by January 15. Hopefully, Phoenix and Igor have interest in Exum. Ariza for Exum is pretty fair for both sides. Sure beats Phoenix just buying Ariza out. And if we are still out on Exum, just cut him loose, get a great expiring vet for the playoffs, and move on. If we go this route, we have more money to spend in the summer.

Option #2 - once again, this is a January 15 or later scenario. Trade with NOLA if they trade AD. We have been over this one, but use Favors, Exum, Rubio, picks, whatever necessary. Go after Jrue, Mirotic and Randle in that order. Some or all three guys should be available if NOLA rebuilds.

Option #3 - Beal - once again, a January 15 or later idea. It is very unrealistic, but we have a glimmer of hope. It would take us taking Mahinmi's deal and probably sending 2 1sts.

Option #4 - after January 15, Favors and expirings for Hardaway and Ntilikina works well. NY goes full tank and dreams of a big free agent this summer.

Option #5 - Otto Porter - post January 15, we could give Washington expirings and luxury relief.

Option #6 - if Miami keeps struggling, we look to send expirings for some of their role players. I would target Winslow, Olynyk maybe even Richardson if he becomes available. They could avoid the luxury with the right deal.

Option # 7 - after January 15, Exum to Orlando for Simmons. Just like Ariza, this would be an Exum dump for an expiring vet.

Regardless, we need to do something else. Korver was a great deal but we need more.

You should’ve started a new thread with this.

I’m looking at Harris. He could see himself as the final part that puts the jazz at that extra level, and if the money is right, why not the jazz. I see no reason to give up assets right now (1st round picks)

It's crazy how excited this fan base gets at players performing less well than Favors on the advanced metrics, and who can't play the role Favors plays with the bench. Grass is greener, I guess.