What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Me either. And I'm not sure Milwaukee is either. The Bucks aren't going to let Brogdon go regardless.

They might... if they viewed him as more a role player than a core piece then a rich offer might have them looking elsewhere. If Donte plays a little more and they think Bledsoe comes at a discount they might talk themselves into it... I think it’s highly unlikely...

Give max offers to Middleton and Brogdon in whatever order makes sense and at least make them pay through the nose to retain those dudes.

Grayson Allen + second rounders for Landry Shamet

Nah... Allen will be alright and Shamet ain't super special.

Kurucs is the guy I'm sad about... I didn't know anything about him prior to draft so not blaming DL at all... just think he is super unique and could provide a lot of what we needed going forward. That's the draft doe... crap shoot sometimes.

They might... if they viewed him as more a role player than a core piece then a rich offer might have them looking elsewhere. If Donte plays a little more and they think Bledsoe comes at a discount they might talk themselves into it... I think it’s highly unlikely...

Give max offers to Middleton and Brogdon in whatever order makes sense and at least make them pay through the nose to retain those dudes.

I would give a max to Middleton but not Brogdon.

I would give a max to Middleton but not Brogdon.

27M smaller max which helps, it’s definitely not ideal but you have to make them not match which means decent overpay... he’s probably worth 20M per... so the extra 7-8 sucks but it’s not beyond comprehension. It’s the Otto porter memorial huge contract for great youngish role player at a position in demand who is also restricted.

It’s definitely not my first choice but if we don’t make any moves to encumber our space and that’s what we needed up with I’d be cool.

Cleveland taking those crappy contracts and then getting out of Mirzas deal due to his health issue cleared their books pretty well... they can max both guys and still not go into the tax too much or at all.

It could easily happen. They are likely going to have to make a choice between Brogdon and Bledsoe. If you offer enough money for Brogodn, it could happen.

You arent getting Brodgan and Mirotic though.

Lmfao at easily. Yeah, because they’re easily going to let him slip away and we’re easily going to make him a monster offer.

Brogdon/Mirotic will be our Okur/Boozer.

Problem is that will take about $45M in cap space... we have about $32M once you waive Ricky's rights and decline Favs option. Could move Dante/Kyle/Jae if we wanted to clear another $7.5-25M but I don't see us doing that.

If NO gave up on the season and moved Niko and we traded Dante in the deal to acquire him then we might have close to enough space to get an adequately scary offer to Malcolm.

Sorry to kill your dream.

Porzingis is reportedly on the trade block per sports illustrated. Any way jazz could put together a package for him?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

This isn't true... they just referenced the stupid Ringer piece that said SA was interested in having him.

I'm reporting right now... the Jazz have interest in acquiring KD. You heard it here first.

Really wish we'd drafted Shamet :(

I remember Tony Jones saying the Jazz were interested, but I think every team drafting from 14 onward was interested. People were understandably reluctant to pull the trigger since he had stress fractures in both of his feet when he was in college.