What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I’m also curious why Leonard had a trade consent.

We won't make any moves. Unless of course something stupid good falls into our lap.

Fast forward a week into the future...

DL : We were aggressive and just didn't get any calls on guys we liked. You should have seen how aggressively I answered the phone... no calls went to VM during business hours. We will be even more aggressive in the buyout market... but remember... we did our work early. This year we re-acquired a healthy Bojan and kept our best perimeter defender in Oni... also signed Ersan Illyasova and will be adding Udoka in a couple months when he's healthy... so that is really like half a dozen additions guys.

Leonard had a no trade clause ?
One year deal so he loses his bird rights in the trade... its a CBA deal where a player has to consent if they lose bird rights. He will get cut and maybe get a chance elsewhere... so he will approve.

I read it was a 2nd round pick, but there's still the money. Also, I don't think he'd see the court much.
Money was a wash as Meyers makes about the same.. its just for a second.

We really don't have matching salary for that type of deal. Basically swap minimums or we are out. Have a couple small trade exceptions too.

We were only going to land Ariza (assuming FO wanted to pursue him) is if he were bought out. Chances of a trade is quite small. Buyout is where it's at.

We were only going to land Ariza (assuming FO wanted to pursue him) is if he were bought out. Chances of a trade is quite small. Buyout is where it's at.
Unless DL reads Jazzfanz and has decided to go get Jae'Sean Tate.

#prayforOPJ

Not sure what Miami's plan is or if he's healthy but Mo Harkless might end up being available now that they have Ariza. Hasn't played much in part due to injury.

PJ Tucker to the Bucks for stuff and weird draft stuff.

Phoenix snaked Torrey Craig in the deal. I like Craig but not sure how he plays in phoenix.

DL will still find a way to screw that up
DL subscribes to the Spurs model of not making outgoing calls... so if someone calls in we have a chance.

Based on other deadlines... if a trade happens it will be Cleveland calling us to trade Larry Nance for pennies on the dollar.. we execute said trade and win the title.