What's new

Trades?

crater77

When can NBA teams start trading again? I thought so long as your season was over you could trade now with any other team who's season is also over. Is this correct? Or do trades only start up again on draft night?

I believe you are right that any team can trade as soon as their season is over. There just isn't a lot of movement leading up to the draft and free agency.

I think that trades involving players under contract and draft picks can be consummated for a certain period of time after the season until draft day. Or can they only trade picks? Hrm not sure.

I think that trades involving players under contract and draft picks can be consummated for a certain period of time after the season until draft day. Or can they only trade picks? Hrm not sure.

I know u can trade players under contract but can u trade rights to players?

So could the Jazz trade Alec Burks to Sacramento for the rights to Tyreke Evans who is a restricted FA?

I would say no. During the draft I think utah will throw out its cap space for an additional lotto pick. What else do we have to offer in a trade? Burks, williams, Evans, murphy?