What's new

Trey Lyles

Et tu Brute

Damn.
Truly wish Jazz could have given something else up.
Was he given up because the FO thought he was a bust or did Denver really want him??

Not suggesting they did the wrong thing to get DM... just curious as to what the reasons were for giving Lyles specifically up.

This thread is based on a large sample size of current season success :)

Damn.
Was he given up because the FO thought he was a bust or did Denver really want him??

Not suggesting they did the wrong thing to get DM... just curious as to what the reasons were for giving Lyles specifically up.

Trey did have a nice game last night 25 points. However he seemed to be a young growing cancer that appeared to not care. Remember we allowed Book to walk thinking Trey was going to be a rotation player. I think everyone wishes we had Book this year.

Trey Lolz has had 20+ twice in his three year career. Mitchell has had 11 in 27 games. Trey Lolz has had one 25+ (well, not really plus) game once in his career (last night). Mitchell has had 4.

On a side note, it'd be funny to pick up Lydon and develop him.

Damn.

My current hypothesis is that Lyles sucks and that Mitchell is significantly, significantly, significantly superior to him.

Last season Lyles was lazy. It's also worth noting prior to his 25 point game he shot 0-8.

I'm fine with Lyles playing well for Denver - wouldn't want them to be unwilling to trade with us in the future due to being on the short end of the trade to a terrific degree.

It's just one game

41804.jpg

Damn.

Denver called and asked for Lyles.

Damn.

Hahaha

Knowing what we know now, I'd have no problem trading Hood for Mitchell if that's what Denver was asking. For all we know that's what they asked for first and maybe Utah said no. Who knows.

Denver called and asked for Lyles.
I have heard that but never officially. I have heard DL talk in some detail about the Jazz targeting Donovan after the Chicago camp and his visit to SLC. So the Jazz were very clear they were doing whatever they could to move up and that he was their guy. Hard for me to believe that the Jazz weren't working the phones aggressively to find a suitor.

lolys highest ceiling is still lower than mitchell's lowest ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz