What's new

Trump might redefine Judaism to be a nationality

One Brow

Contributor

Several actual Jews seem to be upset by the move, saying it invokes anti-Semitic "dual loyalty" claims.

Trump made it clear over the weekend that he think Jews are primarily interested in money. would that be triple loyalties?

Trump has all the best definitions of nationality

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

With this he pretends to censor any criticism to the state of Israel in colleges, which is BS. And through an executive order nonetheless.

Trump may be an idiot, but being Jewish is obviously an ethnicity.
But anyone can be Jewish right? Just meet the requirements of the faith. So every race and ethnicity could technically be Jewish. Seems strange but ok

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So what’s the purpose of doing this? To cut down on anti-semitism? Boy, I can think of a lot of better ways for Donald and his “very fine people” buddies to cut down on anti-semitism than this.

But anyone can be Jewish right? Just meet the requirements of the faith. So every race and ethnicity could technically be Jewish. Seems strange but ok

Why strange? You can become Jewish just like you can become American, German, or Italian.

This is a blatant attack on the 1st amendment. If this isn’t a good reason to hop off the Trump train I don’t know what is.

Several actual Jews seem to be upset by the move, saying it invokes anti-Semitic "dual loyalty" claims.

Trump made it clear over the weekend that he think Jews are primarily interested in money. would that be triple loyalties?

So what’s the purpose of doing this? To cut down on anti-semitism? Boy, I can think of a lot of better ways for Donald and his “very fine people” buddies to cut down on anti-semitism than this.

All Trump has to do is play reverse psychology with you guys and he can make you take positions that contradict what you say you believe.

Way to show your true colors racists.

Look how hard Democrats go against the Jewish people now. All the while calling the right Nazi's. Right out in the open too.

Saying you need a ID to vote is racist. This isn't, according to the left.

That's all you need to know about hypocrisy.

I also can join the Jewish faith without becoming a citizen of Israel. Judaism is a religion, not a nation state.
People who criticize Islam are called racists. Islam is a religion, not a race. However, I'm sure you can Google plenty of articles telling you that Islam is a race.

I also can join the Jewish faith without becoming a citizen of Israel. Judaism is a religion, not a nation state.

No you can't. By converting, you immediately become eligible to move to Israel under the Law of Return.

I think you can become a German citizen but I don’t think you can become “German.”

That would make Angela Merkel and many, many other people not German. Of course you can become German. Many ethnic Germans have non-German ancestry. Some even(gasp!) Jewish.