What's new

Ty Lawson

Max per Year Salary on a 4-year contract for RFA Ty Lawson?

• $10mm

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • $11mm

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • $12mm

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • $13mm

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • $14mm

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

GVC

Maybe I'm an idiot and missed it, but all those July rumors of Ty Lawson's extension being imminent didn't turn into anything, and there's a good chance he'll be a (restricted) free agent next summer. Assuming Millsap is retained and Al let go, what's the most you'd be willing to offer per year for Ty Lawson on a 4-year contract to try to pry him away from the Nuggs (who can match any offer)?

Wouldn't be a bad guy to target with that cap space, especially if at the worst it eats up Denver's space if they match. $12 million a year sounds good for him off the top of my head, though admittedly I'm not sure what 2nd tier (in terms of being slightly below the CP3/Deron/Rose's of the world) PGs go for now.

Denver matches that without thinking twice. Dude would be a perfect fit with all the gazelles on the team (Favors, Millsap, Hayward, Burks). If the Jazz could actually sign him next offseason, 2 picks, Marvin Williams (expiring) and Al in a sign-and-trade might be sufficient to find a high quality wing player to round out (with a backup 1) a pretty scary 8-man rotation (Favors-Millsap-Kanter-Hayward-Burks-Wing-Lawson-BackupPG).

What makes this a hard question is how much are we paying Milsap? And how much do Burks and Kanter progress this year. I we have both Sap and Lawson signed for 10-12 million a year. We end up having to give Favs the Max and Hayward 8-10 million are we just saying good by to Kanter and Burks? At that time do we try to trade Sap? We can't keep all 6 of these player once the rookie contracts run out. Sap and Lawson are going to have to have at least 4 year deals to get them to sign with us.

That being said we need a PG that well work well with what we well have once Jefferson is gone and there aren't many better than Lawson that well be able to get. So if I am doing this to make sure to get Lawson and say hell with the future cost for right now I would be willing to go up to $12 million for him. He is a great player but more than that and you are paying to much money for the wrong position.

What makes this a hard question is how much are we paying Milsap? And how much do Burks and Kanter progress this year. I we have both Sap and Lawson signed for 10-12 million a year. We end up having to give Favs the Max and Hayward 8-10 million are we just saying good by to Kanter and Burks? At that time do we try to trade Sap? We can't keep all 6 of these player once the rookie contracts run out. Sap and Lawson are going to have to have at least 4 year deals to get them to sign with us.
You have at least one year, and possibly two, before you have to make the tough decisions (which all good small market teams eventually have to make).

He's way underrated from what I hear/gauge from around the league, IMO. If we could, do.

Last edited:
Me neither, but he'd be a hell of a fit, no?

Oh absolutely. His FG% has always made me salivate. Completely ****s on every defensive-seam a team might have. A terror on the fast-break. Godlike stroke. One thing that intrigues me (and this I attribute 100% to not watching nearly enough Nuggets games) is a) how is he defensively, and b) how are his assists not higher, seeing as he plays in one of the best offenses in the NBA. More worried about the second one, personally. But as far as finding non ball-dominating PGs who can still prosper in winning teams is concerned, you'd be hard-pressed to do better than Ty.

The more I think about Ty Lawson, the more his style of play reminds me of Harris. Can someone remind me of why Harris didn't work for the Jazz?

i like the idea of lawson, especially on a team without big al. Lawson is still young but has enough experience to lead a team at the PG spot. he is efficient, durable, and can go off at times from deep.

i think denver's cap situation may not be ideal after taking on Iggy. Jazz could be in a good position to snag him.

10 million. Good player, but I'm not about to shell out more than that for a sub-6' PG who's game is largely based on speed.