What's new

Ty Wannabes -Give your player rotation adjustments

cowhide

Since many people are complaining about Coach Corbin, What roster moves would make to maximize the chances of winning more?

I would start Gobert and move Favors to PF
I would use Kanter as the Six man off the bench -this allows him more touches and adds scoring to the bench
I would also put Jefferson on the bench and start Marvin Williams at SF.

My starting lineup would be:

Burke
Hayward
Williams
Favors
Gobert

Second team

Garrett
Burks
Jefferson
Evans
Kanter

The second unit has more scoring. If Burks continues to struggle making outside shots. I would consider starting Ian Smith on the second unit. Now things would change if/when Rush or Biedrins comes back. I would never play Lucas or Harris unless there was an injury.

I would tell both PGs that if they walk the ball up they are going sit and watch for a while. The only issue I have with the starting lineup is Gobert may get manhandle and get in foul trouble and Marvin may struggle guarding some SF.

I would then show film footage of the SPurs to illustrate on to run a half court offense. Do you guys see how they pass the ball and space the floor then do that.

I would start mandatory jump shooting practice and Free throw practice. The poor shooting is not acceptable. I would work on entry passing to the bigs.

Comments? Suggestions?

i dont give a **** about the rotations. they are basically as expected, just cut the vets minutes by 10ish and give them to gobert, and for gods sakes spend some time teaching these kids how to screen, how to read an offense, and what shots are efficient and what aren't (no more foot on the line 2's, no more 23 second isolations, or last second heaves on EVERY possession). is it too much to ask for to get some goddamn looks near the basket from a nice solid pick for a cutter?

Don't play Jefferson and Lucas. That is really all I would change. Marvin is playing well, and spaces things out a bit on offense.

Starters:
Burke
Hayward
Marvin
Derrick
Kanter

Bench:
Garrett
Burks
Jeremy
Go Bear

Just let everyone else rot. If rush ever comes back, then play him, I suppose. This team sucks so bad right now. The starters are not getting it done, whether due to coaching, talent or experience, and the bench is just totally overmatched.

Why would I wannabe Ty? He's a terrible coach. I'm not a Ty wannabe. More of a Hornacek wannabe, or Doc Rivers or Spoelstra. Or Popovich. Yeah. I'm a Popovich wannabe. Also Superman.

Well I don't believe in settings rotations by a watch like Corbin. I would set it based on hot shooting, cold shooting, foul trouble, etc. But my starting lineup tomorrow would be players who I think are actually earning minutes.

Burke
Garrett
Evans
Favors
Gobert

Try to light a fire under some asses.

Second unit would be what you would expect, no Jefferson or Lucas doe.

Hows about we talk about our offense and how we cannot compete in the half court. The First thing I would do is not waste the entire shot clock. Why in the world would we slow things down when we have no shooters, one maybe two guys that can get into the lane, and we are crazy young.

RUN RUN RUN AND RUN SOME MORE

Hows about we talk about our offense and how we cannot compete in the half court. The First thing I would do is not waste the entire shot clock. Why in the world would we slow things down when we have no shooters, one maybe two guys that can get into the lane, and we are crazy young.

It blows me away that we don't run. When Sloan was coaching those very efficient d will teams, they ran like crazy and when they didn't run, they could kick *** in the half court by executing. The current team is constantly blowing assignments, and never runs.

For Hells sake, Hayward would average like 25 points and 6 assists if we ran more. He is an amazing transition player.

i dont give a **** about the rotations. they are basically as expected, just cut the vets minutes by 10ish and give them to gobert, and for gods sakes spend some time teaching these kids how to screen, how to read an offense, and what shots are efficient and what aren't (no more foot on the line 2's, no more 23 second isolations, or last second heaves on EVERY possession). is it too much to ask for to get some goddamn looks near the basket from a nice solid pick for a cutter?

With this team, yes.

I'd go with last night's lineup but sub Evans in for Jefferson at the three on offense, then run a **** ton of double high screen rolls with Marvin coming first and leaking out to the three when they fight over the top. Tell Trey to relentlessly attack the wing help hard. Switch off Marvin and Evans from time to time to give different looks and set up the Earlyoop. Feature Favors down low a lot more, especially when he's on. Pwning Duncan then moving away from him was retarded.

Why would I wannabe Ty? He's a terrible coach. I'm not a Ty wannabe. More of a Hornacek wannabe, or Doc Rivers or Spoelstra. Or Popovich. Yeah. I'm a Popovich wannabe. Also Superman.

Not what I heard, I heard your prototype derives of a Mike Brown/Tyrone Corbin mutated monster.

This team should be running teams out of the arena. Favors did come into the season out of shape, so did Kanter. Like they were expecting to take this season off.

I'd go with last night's lineup but sub Evans in for Jefferson at the three on offense, then run a **** ton of double high screen rolls with Marvin coming first and leaking out to the three when they fight over the top. Tell Trey to relentlessly attack the wing help hard. Switch off Marvin and Evans from time to time to give different looks and set up the Earlyoop. Feature Favors down low a lot more, especially when he's on. Pwning Duncan then moving away from him was retarded.
Careful. Your sounding too much like the rest of us. Sensible posts like this threaten to completely mess up your whole contrarian schtick.

This is what is killing me. We have a team of so called pros that cant set a pick. What **** is up with that?!?

How in the hell can you make it to the pro level and not know how to set a pick? That just some basic ****. If you play rec league you better know how to set a pick. I just dont get it. It isnt hard. Is anyone even trying to show them?

It isnt just the pick setter either, I know. Hardly anybody on our team even understands how to perform one with the ball in their hands.

You're not in it to win it. I'd start out with Gobert, Favors, Evans, Hayward and Burke. After that, mix it up and see what combinations play well together. Let the young guys play and develop some chemistry together.

It isnt just the pick setter either, I know. Hardly anybody on our team even understands how to perform one with the ball in their hands.

This. It drives me nuts when we have a guy come to set a pick and get called for a foul because the dumb *** guy with the ball could not wait half a sec for him to get set. Then Boler and Harp picking on the pick setter for not getting there is getting old fast as well. He wasn't set because the dumb **** with the ball went too early you morans.