What's new

UK fired football coach (attn: BYU fans)

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
He's not high on the list, but Bronco is on the list.. I have more info, but not going to take grief on here. If I know you and you want to know, PM or text me.

*Reminder - Bronco is not in the top5 wish list.

One thing byu has going for them is that they will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever have to worry about their coach getting hired away from them or a player leaving early for the NFL draft.

Being a mediocre mid major has its benefits I guess.

One thing byu has going for them is that they will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever have to worry about their coach getting hired away from them or a player leaving early for the NFL draft.

Being a mediocre mid major has its benefits I guess.

Take solice in having a few NFL players because 5-7 every year is going to get really old.

He's already turned down offers. He doesn't seem like a pure $$$ guy. Conventional wisdom around BYU says he is into disciplinarian schools and little else. So BYU or the military academies essentially.

He's already turned down offers. He doesn't seem like a pure $$$ guy. Conventional wisdom around BYU says he is into disciplinarian schools and little else. So BYU or the military academies essentially.

I take some offense at the 'pure $$$ guy' statement (as if only BYU can stand for anything non-financial). UK puts up with nothing in their programs and the SEC doesn't allow alcohol in their stadiums.. now forget all of that. I don't really care. I'm not even a big UK fb fan, I don't think Bronco is on the short list, and I would take no joy in taking him from BYU. In fact, I would hope it didn't happen.

I don't think Bronco is going to leave for money, and as long as Bronco isn't having three and four win seasons repeatedly he isn't getting fired, so I don't see him going anywhere for a while.

Having someone "poach" Roscoe from byu is literally the last thing the cougs will ever have worry about.

Perk of irrelevancy.

2011-September-10-19-15-50.jpg

Roscoe Mendenhall, big time coacher of football.

Here's what I think about Bronco leaving.

"He's bringing consistency and he's bringing in simplicity and he's bringing in a mind-set of staying the course."

"Once you have a symbol that reflects greatness, it should not be changed, ... Consistency is key to a lasting tradition."

"He's a tremendous worker and a tremendous person. "

"There's no way to know what to expect. It's far greater than that, it's a tremendous responsibility."

"He usually calls to check in."