What's new

Update - November 2017

Jason

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the newly remodeled JazzFanz.com.

It's not going to be smooth-sailing as I'm still working through kinks and various issues so please stick with me. Please post any issues or questions here and I'll do my best to address them.

You'll notice a few things changed A LOT and I'll get explanations of those as we get more settled (e.g. reputation has been removed and replaced with likes and trophies, profile messaging added to post your "status", removal of features which may or may not be temporary, etc.). More to come with all this.

For now, let me know of any issues and I'll resolve those first.

Thanks!

On the JazzFanz app, you may need to force logout, go to settings and clear cache, then login. Let me know your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Hey, not bad. Not sure how I feel about the missing rep and like system. But the overall layout of this new mobile version is much better than the last. Pretty smooth yo.

First impression is good.

Is the desktop version option not available on the phone anymore? Normally I just used Desktop version. Never cared for mobile versions of any site because if how reduced down they are. But this seems to be all of it just shrunk down and rearranged with everything there. This might be what gets me to use the mobile version now.

Is the desktop version option not available on the phone anymore? Normally I just used Desktop version. Never cared for mobile versions of any site because if how reduced down they are. But this seems to be all of it just shrunk down and rearranged with everything there. This might be what gets me to use the mobile version now.

Yes. That’s one advantage we have where most of the same functionality is there just the layout is different. If we find gaps, I’ll look into a full version option.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Oh wait. Just had to request desktop. I was looking for the link. But ya, its essentially the same. It has the same feel. I hated the last mobile version because it felt so different.

What's that "new profile posts" column on the right? Seems necessary. Unless it serves a useful function that I haven't figured out, I'd remove it.

Another comment, it shows last post in private forums, along with who made it. That wasn't the case with the old forums.

And my posts say "awaiting moderation", and they don't show up without entering the thread.

And it looks like I can't edit my posts?

I switched to Firefox today so I might be experiencing things that have more to do with firefox than this change, but so far it's fine for me.

Funny enough, I logged onto homebrewtalk.com today and had all these new trophies, then JF comes back up and there's all these same trophies.

looks like my sig isn't showing up, but I'll try to work that out. I could use a sig refresh anyway.

You can now see the thread title and last post date of the most recent thread in personal forums even if you don't have a password.

You can now see the thread title and last post date of the most recent thread in personal forums even if you don't have a password.

Yeah, noticed that. We'll have to see how that goes.

As for the signature, I think you can just re-create it with the picture.

I don't think the filter is working. Hopefully this isn't too bad a word that I get in trouble...