What's new

Utah Jazz or LA Clippers: Who is the 2nd-best team in the West? | The Jump

Obviously the Lakers are #2. The clippers are third. Guess who's first.

The mantra "live by the 3, die by the 3" has generally applied to teams that have 3-4 three point shooters in the rotation.

The Jazz have seven 3 point shooters in the 9 man rotation. I don't think there is a night cold enough to squelch that fire.

The 2021 Jazz are the first "live by the 3, or by the 3" team ever. This is unstoppable.

Oh, BTW. I'm on the bus.

I bought my ticket late, but I have a seat, and I'm on bored. So stand up grandma, you're off on the next stop.

Jesus Christ, way too much uptimism here...makes me nervous. Can we please beat the Knicks first tonight, and see how this team handles Dallas on a Back-2-Back tomorrow?
Most definitely this.

This year the jazz could clean up a lot of the regular season lapses and still just wind up as a Western Conference version of the Bucks.

They have a lot to prove.

Reactions: UB
So of course the two "experts" pick the Clippers. I am not afraid of the Clippers the Jazz match well with them. It will be a battle but not something the Jazz cannot accomplish. Seeding will determine who has best shot at advancing.

So of course the two "experts" pick the Clippers. I am not afraid of the Clippers the Jazz match well with them. It will be a battle but not something the Jazz cannot accomplish. Seeding will determine who has best shot at advancing.
Your surprised by this? I didn’t need to click on the video to know who they’d pick. And I wouldn’t blame them for picking the Clippers. And I’m not sure we match up well with them at all.

This felt like they wanted to talk about the Clippers win streak, but one of their producers mentioned that the Jazz win streak was actually 1 game longer - so I guess we have to include the Jazz somehow in our Clippers talk.

Once. But in a 7-game series? I don't know about that.
The Clippers rely on their two stars and one of them is not always reliable. The Jazz overall depth is better. We have beaten them in the recent past. I know that does not determine the future but it does give the belief that they can win against them. Whereas with the Lakers I see doubt get into the head of the Jazz.

I didn't even think of contending being a possibility until Kerr said it. Now, I'm wondering.

Also, Rachel Nichols is still just so, so hot.

I didn't even think of contending being a possibility until Kerr said it. Now, I'm wondering.

Also, Rachel Nichols is still just so, so hot.
You talking about the sports journalist of the actress? Sports journalist, meh. Actress, yes please.

The mantra "live by the 3, die by the 3" has generally applied to teams that have 3-4 three point shooters in the rotation.

The Jazz have seven 3 point shooters in the 9 man rotation. I don't think there is a night cold enough to squelch that fire.

The 2021 Jazz are the first "live by the 3, or by the 3" team ever. This is unstoppable.
I 'm not sure man hahaha, mmm, tonight counts?

Hopefully we turn it around after halftime