What's new

Utah Jazz vs Portland Trailblazers Tonight at 7pm MST 11/1/2017

Ron Mexico

Contributor
The home streak continues! Jazz are now 4-0 at home! Soon to be 5-0. Along with my game thread streak!

Time to get started right for November. This is our easiest month of games and we need to dominate this month.

The key matchup tonight:

dmzfjq.jpg

VS
2afmmnc.jpg

Can Rubio keep up his pesky defense and slow him Lillard down? Will Rubio keep up his hot shooting at home?

We also have the upcoming stars match up of the 6'3" 26 year old Mccollum:

1zcgxzp.jpg

against the 6'8" 25 year old Hood:

2mxhds6.jpg

After that? Well it gets overwhelming for Portland!
10mvl80.jpg

And of course our 4th quarter killer!

[tweet]924492399253975040[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/924492399253975040

Players out:
Portland
None
Jazz
Exum and JJ

Last edited:
Seriously, this is a barometer game. We have never even bothered Lillard the past few years. He has just blown by everyone we have thrown out there. I haven't been a big consumer of T-Wolves Blazers matchups, so I don't know how Rubio defends Lillard. It can't possibly be worse though.

I am pretty interested to see Mtchell get a shot at CJ as well. CJ plays so many minutes that this is bound to happen.

Seriously, this is a barometer game. We have never even bothered Lillard the past few years. He has just blown by everyone we have thrown out there. I haven't been a big consumer of T-Wolves Blazers matchups, so I don't know how Rubio defends Lillard. It can't possibly be worse though.

I am pretty interested to see Mtchell get a shot at CJ as well. CJ plays so many minutes that this is bound to happen.

I think replacing Rubio and Mitchell vs Lillard instead of Mack last year will be night and day. I can't even remember the last time seeing somebody torch somebody as bad as Lillard torched Mack in that 60-point game.

Stotts really likes putting Meyers Leonard on the floor v Gobert and doing extremely high screens against him. Lillard can blow by Gobert if he comes out too much or just pull-up if he hangs back.

Rudy seems to be more confident. He took a jumpshot against LA and and a other one against Dallas. I hope he will carry on in this ways and make it again tonight. Come on rudy!

Sent from my SM-A520F using JazzFanz mobile app

I want to see Jonas fight somebody tonight.

Had this same thought... I think we lose though... they kill the above break three and we will allow them to shoot it unless we change our scheme around.

This team presents some issues for us. Sorry to be negative.