Utah Jazz VS the Miami luke warms on ROOT Sports 1280 AM/ 97.5 FM at 7:00

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by JGolds, Jan 14, 2013.

1. JGolds

JGolds Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    It would be nice to get a win.. or else there will be a lot of fire and trade threads for the next week until we play again. I think the jazz stand a shot at this one. They are at home and according to 2 out of the last 3 teams we have played we are tough guys who play hard-nosed ball. That is what it is going to take to win this game. I look forward to it. I think the jazz can do it. after all WE ARE UTAH JAZZ!!!!!

It’s going to be the good guys[​IMG]

VS the bad guys AKA team Choke
    [​IMG]

These three guys will be there
    [​IMG]

Why you smilin bro?
    [​IMG]

Will the jazz stump the heat? Only if they can match the intensity, and control the pace, give the heat a taste of their own medicine.
    [​IMG]

Now it’s time for you Utah jazz!!!!
    He won’t play cause he is hurt Mo Williams
    [​IMG]

Coming in at 6’10 300 pounds he use to play on the girls HS basketball team!!!
    AL JEFFERNEEDSTOGOSON
    (P.S. caption this picture)

[​IMG]

Coming in at 6’8 weight unknown he has earned his name!!!
    PAUL MILLSLAP

[​IMG]

Coming in at 6‘8 he is are token white guy
    GORDON HAYWARD

[​IMG]

He is our special ops guy our 007
    ALEC BURKS

[​IMG]

2. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Game #40 Miami Heat at Jazz, 7pm at ESA

Ironically the Heat are in town at the same time as another frigid inversion.

Steve Luhm @sluhm According to several web sites, Miami opened as a 5.5 favorite over Utah tonight. It's down to 2.5. The game is being played indoors, right?

Yes Steve, the game is indoors, at the ESA or is it ECPA? But wouldn't it be fun to imagine....[​IMG]

ESPN's Heat Index says Mario Chalmers and Lebron James are HOT. Chalmers scored a career high 34 point while hitting 10 of 13 3pt attempts. Lebron James is averaging 30.4 points against Utah -- his highest career mark against any team.

But the Heat are kind of cold: They are 8-8 on the road this season, and lost 2 road games before blowing out the bi-polar Kings. Maybe they need more than hoodies to stay warm[​IMG]

KSL Weather says: Its going to be cold. (no freaking pictures so heres a link) and an inversion[​IMG]

The heat guys don't like it.--
    Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat 13 Jan Coldest temperatures here in Salt Lake in nine years, going to minus-5 tonight. Whee!

Does anyone sit courtside? Do the Jazz still flood the ECPA floor with cold outdoor air to keep the other team from warming up?

Meanwhile the jazz are the NBA's new tough guys:
    And is he the Jazz starting pg? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  3. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor

Nov 4, 2010
    excited to see more of burks tonight..... not excited to watch us try to stop lebron and the refs though.

This one is a loss.

4. Stoked

Stoked Modstapo Staff Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I am pumped for this game. GO JAZZ!!!

Free Burks, Hayward, Kanter and Favors.

5. JGolds

JGolds Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    we ahve beat them before, why not now. and ill be honest, if corbin plays smart i think we can win this one. the burks hayward foye linup is a good guard SF combo lineup. hayward had an off night in detroit, he will make up for it tonight a little bit. i have a good feeling lol.

6. Stoked

Stoked Modstapo Staff Member

Dec 13, 2011
    That's right Golds! Time to take down "The King"! GO JAZZ!

7. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Fantastic Failure Batman!!! [​IMG]

Jgolds beat me to the post and his doesn't suck.

Can I neg rep meyself for this one?

8. Weezur

Weezur Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I don't even want to think about Demarre Carrolle guarding Lebron today. That's gotta be one of the easiest matchup Lebron sees. Hopefully Marvin is back.

9. Zulu

Zulu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Great game thread....

They can be taught!!!

10. Zulu

Zulu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Don't worry I'll get ya!!

11. JGolds

JGolds Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    only by like two minutes..... someone should merge the two game threads

12. MoTappin

MoTappin Active Member

Dec 14, 2011
    In true Jazz form, they'll beat Miami and then make up for it by losing to Cleveland...and ChuckerJ Miles.

13. Revolution 9

Revolution 9 Well-Known Member Staff Member

May 26, 2010
    We'll lose tonight, but cream the Cavs. The front office, and Corbin will praise the might Big Sap for their slaying of the Cavs.

Foye will be honored at halftime the next game for shutting down the great CJ Miles, and holding him to 2-9 shooting.

Ellipse and JGolds like this.
  14. JGolds

JGolds Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    lol... i laugh not cause it is funny, but cause it is true!

Revolution 9 likes this.
  15. Box Of Rocks

Box Of Rocks Member

Jul 17, 2012
    I have been waiting for this Miami game all year. I got front row seats. Its going to be a blast. Just hope Miami doesn't rest players. Haha

16. Ellipse

Ellipse Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Has Hell moved to Salt Lake? If so, then I guess it is possible.

17. Ellipse

Jul 18, 2011
    No need to neg yourself. Your's wasn't bad ... it was just second best.

18. Ellipse

Jul 18, 2011
    ^^^A great example of how sarcasm works best when there is an element of truth behind it! Repped.

19. BYE

BYE Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    ARTWORK MEANING?
    The piece is highlighted by the contrasting powers of angelic, milky Hayward (whom others have affirmed as divine) on one side with the innocence and purity of youth (representing the forces of victory and light) and, on the other, the red and black horned one, who attracts your mothers and daughters with his ephemeral charms (representing fire and opposition to victory by striking from afar). Each player symbolically touches his foot in acknowledgement of the power he possesses through his physical prowess. Both of these players frame in the center the key to this battle, the loyal Jazz fan, who assiduously and diligently studies the holy writ, the most hollowed book of basketball knowledge, whose knowledge only the select possess. The man directly above this diligent disciple's gleaming head, contently smiles having achieved beatific glory since it's his anniversary, but also because he has achieved basketball rapture as signified by his fluffy cloud-like coiffure. The jazz fan, on the front row no less, is fortified against the buffeting of the fiery darts of the Korver ("basket-maker" in Germanic) and his legions and the snickering fools above him, who understand not. The war will be won between these two forces using the perfect symbol of life, the sphere, which will enter into a perfect symbol of eternity and immortality, the circle, on either end of the battle ground. Tonight, once again, we will try to achieve an important victory towards our basketball journey to Nirvana.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    Ellipse, The Norm, Hekate and 2 others like this.
  20. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Dude, your brilliance has stopped the thread, everyone is awed and stunned into silence.