1. Welcome to the newly remodeled JazzFanz.com. Take a look around and report any issues in the SITE INFORMATION thread.

Utah secession petition reaches over 8,000

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheSilencer1313, Nov 18, 2012.

1. TheSilencer1313

TheSilencer1313 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    In the spirit of the secession movement, I decided to take a look at how many Utahns might think it's a good idea.
    Apparently over 8,000 do, and I just added myself to the petition. How would it be my friends?
    Federally ceased lands fully restored to the citizens, no more wasting of tax funds, no more federally imposed drug laws, and an easier to control local government no longer dependent on federal charity funds with massive interest attached.
    Most importantly.... no more manipulative private federal reserve bankers deciding the very fate of our economy.
    Thoughts??

https://wh.gov/9dLX

2. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones In pursuit of #9 Contributor

Jun 23, 2010
    I'm a rebel, so hell yas!

3. Zulu

Zulu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    I didn't know you went to Dixie State College!!!

4. Dr. Jones

Jun 23, 2010
    You are pissin me off, Zulu. Ain't no REAL rebs round these parts!

[​IMG]

5. TheSilencer1313

Sep 18, 2010
    Zulu reminds me of someone tougher.

[​IMG]

6. Scat

Scat Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Aren't they the Flyers now?

7. Dr. Jones

Jun 23, 2010
    Yes, they are. Why?

8. TheSilencer1313

Sep 18, 2010
    Who cares.

But I would really like it if someone of the opposition would actually post in this thread, considering I like differing points of political view.
    Without the Wes Manfranklin type jabbering though please.

9. Stoked

Stoked Modstapo Moderator

Dec 13, 2011
    OK, no. I am glad that only 8,000 peopel have signed this petition. Secession is a bad idea. Let us say that Utah did seceed. Then what? Would they become a theocracy? Keep in mind 66% of Utah is Mormon. Would there be a new call to Zion?

There are other factors to consider like being compeltely landlocked by the country you just abandoned. You have no access to international waters. Hell you have to make treaties just to get people able to fly in as they come thru US airspace.

10. Duck Rodgers

Duck Rodgers Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I'm not a secessionist per se so I wouldn't sign, but I do think that nullification should be a common occurrence and that states' rights need to supersede the Federal government wherever possible so I am fully in line with the spirit of the movement. If not, we might as well stop having elections and just accept the fact that our "Republic" is nothing more than an undemocratic Union now, no better than the failing European Union.

11. Gas

Gas Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    But who would protect us from the terrorists? Jk

I would love to see something put the Federal government in their place, but it isnt going to happen. The damage is done already. The people were supposed not let the federal government get this big and this out of control. You don't wait until its the most powerful entity on earth then try to stand up to it. Its too late, and if there was any hope to stop it, it wouldnt matter because enough people arent on the same page.

The grid is already in place. The power structure has its stranglehold. The media owns the minds. Its only going to get worse. Welcome to the new world order.

12. Nate505

Nate505 Modstapo Lite Moderator

May 25, 2010
    I wouldn't be against the idea if it didn't involve so many hick states.

13. Siro

Siro Mrs. Featherbottom Contributor

May 25, 2010
    There are two plausible visions for the future (sorry, but a religious judgement day is not one of them) that I keep encountering in science fiction and futurist books, and I wonder which one will prevail in the next couple of hundred years. The first is the liberal vision where the vast majority of the world is united under a single government that tackles global issues, while local governments address immediate needs of their constituents. Or the libertarian vision with thousands of separate legal entities tied in a loose state of economic interdependence, but they remain mostly self-governed except for the occasional voluntary participation in wider initiatives.

I've always assumed the liberal vision was more likely (what Silencer would call a New World Order). But now the trend seems to be heading in the libertarian direction.

14. Duck Rodgers

Duck Rodgers Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Is Colorado a hick state? Just curious.

15. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    8,000 people who should never have offspring...

16. Gas

Gas Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    The New World Order isnt a Liberal thing, and it isnt just something the Silencer made up. Hell, it isnt even a conspiracy theory. Its real life, right out in the open, for everyone to see.

17. Siro

May 25, 2010
    I never said Silencer made it up, and it is a "liberal thing". Not liberal in the sense of Democrat v Republican entertainment that people think is political discourse, but in a more meaningful ideological stance.

18. Gas

Gas Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I see what you are saying, and thats a lot closer to right, but I still disagree some. I dont think the players in the new world order movement are doing it because they are concerned about the planet and other liberal ideology. I think its a race to conquer the planet. Plain and simple. These people hunger for money, control, and power. I think behind the curtains, none of them could care less about their political views.

Here is a republican George Bush calling for a New World Order. Do you think he is on board because of his liberal values? Not quite.

[video=youtube;byxeOG_pZ1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byxeOG_pZ1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

19. Siro

May 25, 2010
    I like you, so I'm just going to thank you for the input. :p

20. HipHopAnonymous

HipHopAnonymous Active Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I wonder what % of these people actually voted this time around