What's new

Utah's Starting 2.

Xsy

Who was the first person who popped into your head when you read the topic title?

Right now, we have our choice between Bell, Miles, Hayward, and Burks.

Hayward and Miles are more 3 than 2, in my opinion, but they're still both better than Bell. I'm thinking we start Hayward at the 2 for the first part of the season, with Miles starting at the 3. Hayward has a better outside shot, and CJ plays better inside. I want Burks to play significant backup 2 minutes, and if he becomes the 2 that we want him to be, we move Hayward down to the starting 3 and start Burks at the 2, benching Miles.

Bell can hold the towels.

Miles can watch and learn how to take good shots.

i agree, hayward should be 2, miles 3 (if AK is not in)

I think Hayward and Miles will be starting. What position label will be put on Hayward? Which on Miles? I don't know and it doesn't matter because they are practically the same thing.

Hayward and CJ should start at 2-3 on opening night, after that its anyones guesss. The details that are being leaked out regarding the compressed schedule are incredible. 3 games in 3 nights, and 5 games in 6 nights.

The jazz lost so many games to injuries last year, and this year could be worse. I expect to see many differnt starting line-ups and even Burks will get a chance to start as the sg sometime.

The only question for me is Raja Bell. It was clear last year that Raja's body is finished. But can anyone really see the Jazz using amnesty on him and paying to bring in another player? I hate to say it, but it may make sense to keep him as the 14 or 15 roster spot, physically he'll only be able to play every third games, but if you have to pay him anyway why not? And with ankle sprains, and flu Raja could even end up starting a few games.

Hayward and CJ should start at 2-3 on opening night, after that its anyones guesss. The details that are being leaked out regarding the compressed schedule are incredible. 3 games in 3 nights, and 5 games in 6 nights.

The jazz lost so many games to injuries last year, and this year could be worse. I expect to see many differnt starting line-ups and even Burks will get a chance to start as the sg sometime.

I can't wait to see the line up of....
pg-Burks
sg-Hayward
sf-Millsap
pf-Favors
C-Jefferson

Wow that is a tall line up!

I think Hayward and Miles will be starting. What position label will be put on Hayward? Which on Miles? I don't know and it doesn't matter because they are practically the same thing.

this is most likely. barring a trade.

The only question for me is Raja Bell. It was clear last year that Raja's body is finished. But can anyone really see the Jazz using amnesty on him and paying to bring in another player? I hate to say it, but it may make sense to keep him as the 14 or 15 roster spot, physically he'll only be able to play every third games, but if you have to pay him anyway why not? And with ankle sprains, and flu Raja could even end up starting a few games.

I worry about Raja's head. He may force an amnesty by not accepting a diminished role. If he accepts a role as a part-time defensive coach and part-time player, then I think the Jazz FO would love to have him.

Should be:

Option 1 - Hayward
Option 2 - Burks

Going to be (but absolutely SHOULD NOT BE):

Option 1 - Bell
Option 2 - CJ

I almost guarantee the starter on opening night will be Bell. They start vets. I don't see that changing with Sloan so newly removed from the mix. They will start all the vets they can muster, so likely will be Harris, Bell, CJ, Millsap, AJ (possibly Memo in place of Sap if he is ready to go).

Bell and CJ should get max 10 mpg BETWEEN THEM this season.

I almost want to change the focus from who starts to who is the one carrying the position.

Unfortunately even that doesn't help. I believe the raw talent is in this sequence:

1: CJ (really)
2: Burks
3: Hayward
4: Raja

BUT Mentally, the sequence goes like this:

1: Hayward
2: Burks
3: CJ
4: Raja

Obviously, I'm not keen on Raja starting. I agree with an early poster who is concerned that Raja will be a cancer. Sure he's a veteran, but with the way he reacted to being benched part way through last year, it's not likely he'll be the veteran coach we'd like him to be. As for CJ, he puts too much emphasis on starting, which makes him instable (when starting he worries about being benched and presses. When he is not starting, he's mopey and doesn't give 1oo%) That doesn't mean that neither Raja or CJ will start, it really means that the position will be i flux for a while. (bad news for us)