What's new

Ute fans - classless?

colton

All Around Nice Guy
Contributor
Let me preface this by saying that my parents are Ute fans, so I know they are not all classless.

That being said, on the radio this morning DJ & PK were talking about how people at the Jazz game last night booed the Cougarettes during their half time show. My questions are: (a) did this actually happen like they described, and (b) if so, how is that anything but classless?

Let me preface this by saying that my parents are Ute fans, so I know they are not all classless.

That being said, on the radio this morning DJ & PK were talking about how people at the Jazz game last night booed the Cougarettes during their half time show. My questions are: (a) did this actually happen like they described, and (b) if so, how is that anything but classless?

It happened last night and it happened last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...

It's also happened when the Crimson Line has marched, so being classless doesn't apply to only Utah fans, but that takes the fun out of PK's tired schtick. It's just part of the rivalry.

I think that is pretty classless.

But im not surprised. I am a byu fan who likes to party and therefore i go to bars and parties and whatnot occasionally wearing byu clothing and everytime without fail people talk **** to me for it.
I have gotten used to it so it doesn't really bother me anymore but its always interesting how many ute fans just have to throw out a byu sucks type of comment.

Every year i go to my wifes company christmas party and the first year i went there was a bowl game on tv and i was watching with some of the people there and was asked who my team is. I said BYU and then all of a sudden everyone at the party changed the way that interacted with me. Before they knew what team i liked we were all having fun and getting along but once i said i liked byu i started getting the cold sholder.

Now every year that we go to this party right when i arrive everyone is like "the byu fan is here" and start throwing out little comments here and there. I have gotten used to it and get along with everyone good enough at this party now though so whatever.

It has always seemed to me that ute fans hate byu and byu fans much more than byu fans hate the utes and thier fans.

There are waaaaaay more Ute fans at Jazz games than Coug fans.

Every time the Bear holds up a Utes sign the crowd goes crazy, byu sign, boos reign down.

I was at one game where some byu dancers or something came onto the court, and yeah they were booed.

Also, after the Sugar Bowl the whole Utes football team was brought out onto the court during a timeout, to a standing ovation. There was a guy in a byu hat a couple rows below me that remained seated. I crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it at him, when he turned around I gave him a "rise up" motion. He remained seated. Talk about classless.

Plus ESA is located in salt lake city so the majority of people at the jazz games are most likely ute fans.

If the jazz played in provo and ute dancers performed they might get booed as well..... although the byu fans probably wouldn't boo quite as much.

I think that is pretty classless.

But im not surprised. I am a byu fan who likes to party and therefore i go to bars and parties and whatnot occasionally wearing byu clothing and everytime without fail people talk **** to me for it.
I have gotten used to it so it doesn't really bother me anymore but its always interesting how many ute fans just have to throw out a byu sucks type of comment.

Every year i go to my wifes company christmas party and the first year i went there was a bowl game on tv and i was watching with some of the people there and was asked who my team is. I said BYU and then all of a sudden everyone at the party changed the way that interacted with me. Before they knew what team i liked we were all having fun and getting along but once i said i liked byu i started getting the cold sholder.

Now every year that we go to this party right when i arrive everyone is like "the byu fan is here" and start throwing out little comments here and there. I have gotten used to it and get along with everyone good enough at this party now though so whatever.

It has always seemed to me that ute fans hate byu and byu fans much more than byu fans hate the utes and thier fans.

In fairness, if you came to a party I was having and sat down and pooped your pants, I'd probly start treating you differently too.

In fairness, if you came to a party I was having and sat down and pooped your pants, I'd probly start treating you differently too.

Me coming to your party, sitting down and pooping my pants would be the best way to fit in at your party wouldn't it?

Of course Ute fans are classless, by a landslide - when evaluated by BYU fan criteria.

And vice-versa.

Good point, UGLI. I'm neither a UTE or a Coug, but live amongst all you 'people.'

My evaluation.

BYU fans (stereotypical, not all) - Live by a code that generally makes them very poor trash-talkers. Want to generally have 'friendly' rivalries, but keep it civil.
Frustrates UTE fans because the BYU fan won't engage in more MANLY banter. Perceive themselves as morally above the nonsense and generally just better people.

UTE fans (all of them) - Love to make fun of the nerdliness of the stereotypical Coug fan. Think Coug fans kinda suck at being 'real' fans. Generally more redneck acting than Coug fans .. well who isn't?

I thought Utah didn't care about BYU (a mid-major) anymore now that they joined the Pac?

Why boo a school that you don't care about anymore?

Think SUU, Utah St. or Weber St. would have been booed? Didn't think so.

that said, I bet the Little Brother Cheerleaders would have been booed had the Jazz game been played in Provo.

Which... I think is stupid... You're at a Jazz game for crying out loud not a sporting event between the 2 schools. Boo and cheer at the Holy War (as long as it lasts). Cheer everyone (BYU cheerleaders, Utah gymnastics, etc) when you're at a Jazz game because Utes and Cougars must unite as one Jazz Nation to defeat the evil empires of Kobe, Lebron, and the refs.

Besides, I think it's worse because you're booing girls not overrated punkasses like Wynn or Kruger. What I would have given to see Wynn get smeared one last time by Ziggy or Van Noy. Or see Star pancaked looking up at the sky after slacking off once again. Or see Devonte drop another swing pass/reverse.

Anyone else remember tony Parks claiming that Devonte was better than Hoffman? Ha ha ha, how'd that work out for ya?

My evaluation.

BYU fans (stereotypical, not all) - Live by a code that generally makes them very poor trash-talkers.

I thought Utah didn't care about BYU (a mid-major) anymore now that they joined the Pac?

Why boo a school that you don't care about anymore?

Think SUU, Utah St. or Weber St. would have been booed? Didn't think so.

that said, I bet the Little Brother Cheerleaders would have been booed had the Jazz game been played in Provo.

Which... I think is stupid... You're at a Jazz game for crying out loud not a sporting event between the 2 schools. Boo and cheer at the Holy War (as long as it lasts). Cheer everyone (BYU cheerleaders, Utah gymnastics, etc) when you're at a Jazz game because Utes and Cougars must unite as one Jazz Nation to defeat the evil empires of Kobe, Lebron, and the refs.

Besides, I think it's worse because you're booing girls not overrated punkasses like Wynn or Kruger. What I would have given to see Wynn get smeared one last time by Ziggy or Van Noy. Or see Star pancaked looking up at the sky after slacking off once again. Or see Devonte drop another swing pass/reverse.

Anyone else remember tony Parks claiming that Devonte was better than Hoffman? Ha ha ha, how'd that work out for ya?

Good call, PKM

Of course Ute fans are classless, by a landslide - when evaluated by BYU fan criteria.

And vice-versa.

Have you seen BYU fans boo the Crimson Line line YB85 said in the 2nd post in the thread? I haven't, but I hadn't seen Utah fans boo the Cougarettes either.

Cougarettes have a pretty tangible connection to the various "rival" BYU sports teams. I don't think it's too far out of the scope of the rivalry to boo them. I probably would have if I were there. If the U cheerleaders did an event... of any kind... down in Provo I anticipate they'd get the same response.

Cougarettes have a pretty tangible connection to the various "rival" BYU sports teams. I don't think it's too far out of the scope of the rivalry to boo them. I probably would have if I were there. If the U cheerleaders did an event... of any kind... down in Provo I anticipate they'd get the same response.

And then they'd kick the **** out of some BYU "tough" guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3PmgNj0D3g