What's new

Veterans Camp

homeytennis

The Jazz are hosting 18 more players in a veteran's camp the next two days. The "big" names include Jabari Parker, Denzel Valentine, Langston Galloway and Macio Teague. I counted six point guards and quite a few with wing size that lit it up their senior year of college. There is a guy that averaged 10 ppg and 5 rebounds for Portland last season and another that was drafted three picks ahead of Rodney Hood in 2014. At least the front office appears to be trying.

I like Galloway... Not a great fit unless we move two of Conley, Butler, JC. Word is Alize Johnson killed the workout last week. Sign him up... he's the type of guy we have needed for a while.

Reggie Perry is probably a career 12th man type of player but he's an interesting roster filler... kinda.

I like Galloway... Not a great fit unless we move two of Conley, Butler, JC. Word is Alize Johnson killed the workout last week. Sign him up... he's the type of guy we have needed for a while.

Reggie Perry is probably a career 12th man type of player but he's an interesting roster filler... kinda.
Those rebounding numbers on Johnson are insane.

Those rebounding numbers on Johnson are insane.
He plays so effing hard. I don't care if he can't shoot at all... he'd be good to throw out there for 12 minutes a night based on energy and rebounding.

It doesn't shock me he killed it in that type of setting at all.

Let Johnson do the Miye Oni role... even if he shoots 25-30% from three he will get so many offensive boards crashing it will be fine.

I think Jabari could replace Gay role (backup of the bench for limited minutes) but that is a lot work to free that spot up. Maybe a trade soon?

If we bring in Jabari I'll probably just take a few seasons off as a fan. Mr. "They don't pay me to play defense" is exactly what we don't need right now. As in the complete polar opposite of what we need right now. **** that ****.

If we bring in Jabari I'll probably just take a few seasons off as a fan. Mr. "They don't pay me to play defense" is exactly what we don't need right now. As in the complete polar opposite of what we need right now. **** that ****.
I'm like 30/70 on if I'm going to give a **** next year. If Gobert is gone I'm 15/85. It would take a serious return for me to be interested in a Gobert-less Jazz right now. Basically an unrealistic type of return.

Actually the biggest draw I can see to keep me engaged is the prospect of watching Mitchell **** his pants on the court over and over again. What's that fun German word? Oh yeah, "Schadenfreude," that's what my inspiration might be.

I'm like 30/70 on if I'm going to give a **** next year. If Gobert is gone I'm 15/85. It would take a serious return for me to be interested in a Gobert-less Jazz right now. Basically an unrealistic type of return.
I’ll be here… miserable as ever… hoping we find a way to either suck or be a top 4 team in the west.

Man, if I could go back in time to relive the feeling of drafting Trey Burke again. I was one happy teenager.
Most disappointed I have been with a Jazz draft in the moment probably ever. I was at the stadium and walked out pissed off. Exum was pretty disappointing as well. I was pretty set on us getting Aaron Gordon and had sold myself on him.

What if they trade Gobert, hire D'Antoni, pick up Jabari on the cheap, and forget about defense. Probably have to get rid of any " 3 & D" players we thought we had like O'Neale. Get rid of Whiteside. Give Don, Mike, Jordan, Jabari and Bojan the evergreen light, and see what happens. Would that bring it up to 20/80?

Most disappointed I have been with a Jazz draft in the moment probably ever. I was at the stadium and walked out pissed off. Exum was pretty disappointing as well. I was pretty set on us getting Aaron Gordon and had sold myself on him.
Can't tell you how hard I worked to watch the Trey Lyles draft. Was at a company thing in Tahoe... nice day... nice hotel... staying in to watch the draft. TV didn't work... I hustle to get someone up to fix it. End up just watching on my laptop... and we take the guy i hated in that range... I think I kinda talked myself into it after but wasn't a happy day.