What's new

Wade “seriously concerned” about Mitchell’s desire to be in Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the thread should say "brian windhorst speculates that dwayne wade is concerned about donovan staying in utah and oneye gets a huge boner and immediately asks brian windhorst to be his best friend"
Mods, can you changed the title please? TIA

If we keep choking out of playoff series due to poor management, poor execution and average play from our best players while Don puts on a show, of course there should be concern that Don might leave.

Almost every great player in the history of the NBA leaves when they are extremely frustrated. I completely get that Don is extremely frustrated after Rudy gets outplayed by Jokic one postseason then overpaid Conley goes missing while Rudy gets exposed the next postseason.

I don't think Don is planning an exit, but I think he will leave if we continue to build it around Rudy. Things have to change.

If we keep choking out of playoff series due to poor management, poor execution and average play from our best players while Don puts on a show, of course there should be concern that Don might leave.

Almost every great player in the history of the NBA leaves when they are extremely frustrated. I completely get that Don is extremely frustrated after Rudy gets outplayed by Jokic one postseason then overpaid Conley goes missing while Rudy gets exposed the next postseason.

I don't think Don is planning an exit, but I think he will leave if we continue to build it around Rudy. Things have to change.
Maybe when DM takes his dick out of your mouth you could ask him to plays some defense.

Maybe when DM takes his dick out of your mouth you could ask him to plays some defense.
Lol. Our defensive star we built everything around gets exposed on defense all while being made completely irrelevant on offense.

But yeah, our SG/PG averaging eye popping efficiency numbers on offense and playing average defense is your focal point.

So did anyone listen to the podcast and get the actual context for this? My guess is that Windhorst is just speculating that one of the reasons for Utah’s FO changes is that Wade is concerned about keeping Mitchell here long term.

Why is it always Rudy's fault when the most glaring problem was lack of adjustment and perimeter defense?
Maybe we should be more worried about Rudy wanting out.
Without Rudy's defense covering up for the poor coaching and lack of perimeter defense this team might not even make the post season.

Last edited:
Hey, if DM wants out that bad, it at least means we are going to get some sweetheart assets back, right? Not going to be a Hayward situation.

And Mr. Windhorst only is an expert in what color of boxer briefs LBJ is wearing on any given morning.

You can add Ryan Smith to the list of those “seriously concerned” about Mitchell wanting to stay in Utah. If you don’t realize that EVERY SINGLE move or initiative Smith has set into motion thus far as our owner has revolved around keeping Donovan a happy member of the Utah Jazz, you’re living in fantasy land.

This is how the NBA works in EVERY single market. You’re either a team looking to acquire/develop legit superstar cornerstones, or you’re doing everything in your power to keep ahold of the superstars you currently have. I’m pretty sure half our fanbase is still living in the Stockton and Malone era and they think that since we love Donovan so much and cheer really loud for him, that he should be more than content to be the face of the Utah Jazz for his entire career.

The dude wants championships and the second he gets it in his mind that it probably won’t ever happen here, that’s it. Game over. It now falls on Ryan Smith’s shoulders to keep moving the franchise in a direction that leads Donovan to feel like he absolutely can accomplish all of his career goals in a Jazz uni. I’ve said it in a few other threads: I think Smith has been money so far. Hopefully that can continue.

So did anyone listen to the podcast and get the actual context for this? My guess is that Windhorst is just speculating that one of the reasons for Utah’s FO changes is that Wade is concerned about keeping Mitchell here long term.
If you look at Donovans most recent like on Twitter, I'd say he simply doesn't like being in Utah, and it's becoming less and less of a secret. He's again paying attention to backlash idiot comments over him wanting to meet with the Utah Legislature on critical race theory. I think Donovan will ask for a trade in 2 years from now, but it very well may happen next offseason. Y'all need to simply start preparing for this to not last much longer.

If you look at Donovans most recent like on Twitter, I'd say he simply doesn't like being in Utah, and it's becoming less and less of a secret. He's again paying attention to backlash idiot comments over him wanting to meet with the Utah Legislature on critical race theory. I think Donovan will ask for a trade in 2 years from now, but it very well may happen next offseason. Y'all need to simply start preparing for this to not last much longer.
You’re aware that this is JazzFanz and not DonovanFanz, right?

Why is it always Rudy's fault when the most glaring problem was lack of adjustment and perimeter defense?
Maybe we should be more worried about Rudy wanting out.
Without Rudy's defense covering up for the poor coaching and lack of perimeter defense this team might not even make the post season.

Don’t even get me started on this.

I agree it’ll take something herculean to keep Donovan here for another contract.

Again, has anyone actually listened to the Windhorst podcast to provide context for this comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.