What's new

Wade opting out?

GoJazz

I have a question for the salary cap guys. So D-Wade opts out of his contract with Miami for 2 years 42 million. So my question is this, if Bosh and James leave, can he still play out those final 2 years or does he HAVE to renegotiate a new contract?

That is what I thought, does anyone else think that was crazy and a really bad move on his part? I think he should have played out the final two years than hoped for a 10 mil a year type contract on a contender for the last 2-3 years before retiring. I don't see anyone paying him 20 mil a year anywhere else

That is what I thought, does anyone else think that was crazy and a really bad move on his part? I think he should have played out the final two years than hoped for a 10 mil a year type contract on a contender for the last 2-3 years before retiring. I don't see anyone paying him 20 mil a year anywhere else

I think Miami can offer him a five year deal so something like 5 years, 60-70M sort of makes sense for both parties.

Is Miami crazy enough to sign Wade who is basically broken to 5 years? The Knees are done!