What's new

War With N. Korea?

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
The U.S. has recently deployed B-2 Stealth Bombers, F-22 Raptors and now a missle guided destroyer has been dispatched to waters near N. Korea.

Also China appears to be getting into the game. They are mobilizing troops and war planes near their border with N. Korea and conducting live fire naval drills in the Yellow Sea. Possible China & N. Korea v. U.S., S, Korea & Japan?

It's a pretty crazy situation. I figure if things go bad it'll be a relatively short but extraordinarily deadly affair. I think N. Korea gets off a couple salvos of artillery at a minimum and that it kills over 100 thousand people in Seoul. After they blow their load they're kind of just standing there needing a tissue.

It's a pretty crazy situation. I figure if things go bad it'll be a relatively short but extraordinarily deadly affair. I think N. Korea gets off a couple salvos of artillery at a minimum and that it kills over 100 thousand people in Seoul. After they blow their load they're kind of just standing there needing a tissue.

I read somewhere that N. Korea could fire 5,000 artillery rounds at Seoul within the first 5 minutes. That is nuts. That happens and the US has no choice but to go in balls to the wall and try to flatten Pyongyang. That forces Chinas hand and then Japan is used as a base to counter Chinas naval abilities...

Yeah, This is the city that all that artillery is aimed at. It's ready to fly at a moments notice.

Seoul.jpg

tumblr_lpphgirPPA1qgbosro1_1280.jpg

korea_seoul_inblue_960.jpg

Im sure we have all sorts of things ready to fire but they will still get 5,000 rounds off. Lots of death on both sides.

I'd be more worried were I in some rural area of South Korea rather than Seoul. I could see them taking a few pot shots in less populated areas because they think that would give them some leverage in any future talks they have. I think their leadership is pretty self aware that everybody just thinks they are a big joke that will never do anything. And when your country's whole domestic propaganda is centered on being the last bastion of everything that has ever been good for the world I think that implies some sort of survivalist intent. They want to be around tomorrow in similar form...just with a bigger seat at the table.

Last edited:
And the the talkie no walkie takes another jump up:

https://www.google.com/hostednews/a...docId=CNG.4eb43e27607cb9d4be6b952b88ddefeb.01

North Korea dramatically escalated its warlike rhetoric on Thursday, warning that it had authorised plans for nuclear strikes on targets in the United States.

"The moment of explosion is approaching fast," the North Korean military said, warning that war could break out "today or tomorrow".

If I say I can hurt you....and I keep repeating it every day; I'm going to have to hit you eventually, right? Even if I have no arms and weigh 14 lbs. Especially when I'm starting to attach specific dates/days to my threats. Before you call my bluff and just smack the **** out of me? It seems slightly more interesting all of the sudden.

Last edited:
Yeah, the problem will be when Kim talks himself a little too far into a corner.

Or maybe we're all severely underestimating our opposition and N. Korea is in communication with several other countries that are actually on the verge of trying to pull something off. I mean, I'm pretty dismissive of N. Korea's ability to hurt us, but they have developed nukes and who knows if they've come up with some poor man's method of delivering them to the U.S.. We assume they can't but they are specifically making threats as though they can.

We need to find a way to air drop billions of pamphlets showing pictures of the rich outside world (focusing on previously poor Asian peoples) and a message saying something like "Kim Jong Un is starving you; come join in the prosperity of the world outside North Korea." Set the place on fire from within and watch with symbolic marshmallows from a comfortable distance.

I read somewhere that N. Korea could fire 5,000 artillery rounds at Seoul within the first 5 minutes. That is nuts. That happens and the US has no choice but to go in balls to the wall and try to flatten Pyongyang. That forces Chinas hand and then Japan is used as a base to counter Chinas naval abilities...

To counter China? Huh? Why would china side with n. Korea?

I think the war would be over in a few days.

The Nation Building? Hehe, as we've seen over the past decade, nation building can take a while (or never actually happen. It can just turn into a toilet full of dollars and American blood). And the mess we create can be worse than the mess we tried to clean up.

One of the main problems would be a new government in N. Korea. Does Korea finally reunite? Now how many billions/trillions is that going to cost us since obviously S. Korea ain't gonna rebuild N. Korea by itself? Or do the two remain divided? Does N. Korea have any upcoming leaders? How united are its' peoples? What other factions/ethnicities are in N. Korea which would try and hijack a new government? What types of abuses will we see by S. Korea against the backwards,rural, poorly educated, etc N. Koreans? We act as if S. Korea is some innocent peace loving country. Sure, they're fine. But if the 2 countries were to unite, I could easily see one side completely taking advantage (economically) of one side. Rural farmers in the north would essentially become a slave class to the much more industrialized and rich S. Korean classes. In a way, we see this in the USA. The industrialized north vs rural south (which we've seen for a while). Things like class warfare.

Honestly, anyone who has studied history (like myself) knows that N. Korea is just on its period. They do this every 2 years to get foreign aid. My guess is that more people than normal are starving so they're trying to huff and puff and blown our house in UNLESS they get the food they want.

Last edited:
To counter China? Huh? Why would china side with n. Korea?

Are you serious? China has long propped up N. Korea. China loves the uneasiness between N. Korea and America and its allies and the resulting isolation of N. Korea.

I think the war would be over in a few days.

Yeah, it might be over in a few days and the world will be shorter somewhere between 100,000 to a million or more human beings. But haha, U.S. nation building, what a joke.

Are you serious? China has long propped up N. Korea. China loves the uneasiness between N. Korea and America and its allies and the resulting isolation of N. Korea.

So china just enjoys to stir the pot?

I think he situation is a lil more complex then that. Besides, china has already begun to support n Korea less. In an actual war there is no way china would support n Korea. So those bases in Japan that you were referring to would be quite safe from china's navy.

I know I know, often we assume that if someone is communist that they must all think alike. The funny thing is, china wanted fellow communist Ho Chi Minh to end the Vietnam war ASAP. In fact, one of the problems right now in eastern Asia is that many companies looking for cheap(er) labor have left China and gone to Vietnam. This hasn't exactly helped their relations any despite both being communist countries. The same can be said of china and n. Korea. When push comes to shove and China's lil game of supporting n Korea turns sour, they'll push (as they are already doing) for them to cool their jets and chillax.

The last thing China wants is a nuclear war on their doorstep with their best trading partner (us) spending money on war and not on the crap they produce. However, an all out war might be something good for us. Finally we will refocus on science, maybe bring back manufacturing, finally get the government to spend and put people back to work (like ww 2), and unify this country.

Last edited:
Yeah, it might be over in a few days and the world will be shorter somewhere between 100,000 to a million or more human beings. But haha, U.S. nation building, what a joke.

You've finally come to see the light. Our nation building is a complete joke and really needs to end. We can't afford anymore of this "charity." We're merely passing this debt onto our kids and grandchildren to pay off. How many more walls need to be built to remember those who should be alive today? Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, sigh when will we learn? Lets focus on our own country, shall we? Let god deal with those others.

We do our best. Our armed forces have good intentions. But first and foremost, we don't have the god given right to mold countries in the image we believe is best for them. Secondly, peoples and cultures will act as they see fit. Look at Afghanistan! It was a **** hole 10 years ago and continues to be today. They don't want it man. Vietnam? Was a 20+ year affair. They flat out didnt want imperialism anymore and the "democratic" powers that be were horrible. You look at the regimes we have installed in Iraq and Afghanistan and they're just as corrupt, incompetent, and brutal as the ones we kicked out.
Leave those people alone and let them figure things out!

He funny thing is, N Korea makes these threats every 2-3 years and most people understand that it's nothing to get your panties in a knot over. So chillax, no need to become a drama queen, no N Korean is gonna push the red button bringing immediate death and destruction of their entire government upon their heads. The nuke has been a tremendous creation. Notice, countries with them use them as a bargains chip. Leverage. Using one now would mean certain death and destruction brought by nearly every country with a military on this planet. not even the N korean jackasses want that. Only 1 has actually ever used them in war. Do you know which country has done that?

Give the N Koreans a few bags of rice and they'll shut up for the next 2 years when they threaten everyone again. Rinse wash repeat

So china just enjoys to stir the pot?

I think he situation is a lil more complex then that. Besides, china has already begun to support n Korea less. In an actual war there is no way china would support n Korea. So those bases in Japan that you were referring to would be quite safe from china's navy.

I know I know, often we assume that if someone is communist that they must all think alike. The funny thing is, china wanted fellow communist Ho Chi Minh to end the Vietnam war ASAP. In fact, one of the problems right now in eastern Asia is that many companies looking for cheap(er) labor have left China and gone to Vietnam. This hasn't exactly helped their relations any despite both being communist countries. The same can be said of china and n. Korea. When push comes to shove and China's lil game of supporting n Korea turns sour, they'll push (as they are already doing) for them to cool their jets and chillax.

The last thing China wants is a nuclear war on their doorstep with their best trading partner (us) spending money on war and not on the crap they produce. However, an all out war might be something good for us. Finally we will refocus on science, maybe bring back manufacturing, finally get the government to spend and put people back to work (like ww 2), and unify this country.

China jumped in last time there was war in Korea. Also I did not say the bases in Japan had to fear a Chinese attack. I said they would be used to counter the Chinese navy. Big difference. China has long been known to be propping up N. Korea. If you want to deny history than be my guest.

Maybe China just stands back and watches but maybe they don't. Any planning for N. Korea action should include planning for possible Chinese involvement.

I agree about the N. Korea threats and I thought the highly reported flight of stealth B2s by us was stupid and needlessly provacative.

I find it very entertaining that you of all people can accuse anyone of being a drama queen. Haha

You've finally come to see the light. Our nation building is a complete joke and really needs to end. We can't afford anymore of this "charity." We're merely passing this debt onto our kids and grandchildren to pay off. How many more walls need to be built to remember those who should be alive today? Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, sigh when will we learn? Lets focus on our own country, shall we? Let god deal with those others.

We do our best. Our armed forces have good intentions. But first and foremost, we don't have the god given right to mold countries in the image we believe is best for them. Secondly, peoples and cultures will act as they see fit. Look at Afghanistan! It was a **** hole 10 years ago and continues to be today. They don't want it man. Vietnam? Was a 20+ year affair. They flat out didnt want imperialism anymore and the "democratic" powers that be were horrible. You look at the regimes we have installed in Iraq and Afghanistan and they're just as corrupt, incompetent, and brutal as the ones we kicked out.
Leave those people alone and let them figure things out!

He funny thing is, N Korea makes these threats every 2-3 years and most people understand that it's nothing to get your panties in a knot over. So chillax, no need to become a drama queen, no N Korean is gonna push the red button bringing immediate death and destruction of their entire government upon their heads. The nuke has been a tremendous creation. Notice, countries with them use them as a bargains chip. Leverage. Using one now would mean certain death and destruction brought by nearly every country with a military on this planet. not even the N korean jackasses want that. Only 1 has actually ever used them in war. Do you know which country has done that?

Give the N Koreans a few bags of rice and they'll shut up for the next 2 years when they threaten everyone again. Rinse wash repeat

It's seriously like you don't know anything about the situation on the Korean peninsula. N. Korea has conventional artillery in place that is within range of downtown Seoul. With this conventional artillery it is estimated that N. Korea could kill upwards of 100,000 people in Seoul, as well as causing massive damage to the city, in a matter of moments. No nukes required.

China and N. Korea are diplomatically very close. Maybe China does leave them blowing in the wind if TSHTF, but you can't know that. The only thing that keeps the people in N. Korea's beautiful communist utopia from starving to death are massive food shipments from China.

Plus there is the Korean war to use as a reference. In that war the N. Koreans were on the ropes and pushed all the way up against China. The U.S. overextended a little chasing the N. Korean army in full retreat right up until a massive flood of Chinese soldiers came south and pushed the U.S. clear back past where the current DMZ is.

N. Korea is a bad fit for U.S. nation building, mostly because S. Korea is wealthy and very technologically developed. It is one nation divided and I imagine if N. Korea were to be beaten into submission we'd just reunite the Koreas and let S. Korea figure it out. We already have a tense relationship with S. Korea. If we occupied N. Korea and tried to make it its own country they wouldn't stand for it.

China jumped in last time there was war in Korea. Also I did not say the bases in Japan had to fear a Chinese attack. I said they would be used to counter the Chinese navy. Big difference. China has long been known to be propping up N. Korea. If you want to deny history than be my guest.

Maybe China just stands back and watches but maybe they don't. Any planning for N. Korea action should include planning for possible Chinese involvement.

I agree about the N. Korea threats and I thought the highly reported flight of stealth B2s by us was stupid and needlessly provacative.

I find it very entertaining that you of all people can accuse anyone of being a drama queen. Haha

You don't think things have changed since the last time there was war in Korea? You honestly think China would still support N Korea in a war with the USA? Why? The soviets did too, think they'd support n Korea again?