What's new

We should've kept Ekpe

No doubt that Bradley is improving but he still has a way to go, especially on defense. Why the Jazz didn't keep Ekpe is puzzling. He wasn't that expensive, and he was almost as good as Rudy at protecting the rim. Was money the issue?

Tony wasn't the problem yesterday. He was fine. It's the combo of Mudiay, JC, Niang on defense that really makes it problematic. Not sure even Rudy could cover for all that bad defense.

Ekpe would have been a better option than Ed... But Ed didn't used to suck ***.

Anyone know if we could still sign him? Does anyone know if anyone knows in this unprecedented season?

Anyone know if we could still sign him? Does anyone know if anyone knows in this unprecedented season?
I think it's too late. If the season happened normally the Chinese league ends right before the last ufas can be signed, but due to covid...

We've had this conversation before but I'm sorry, Epke is an awesome human but he was worthless outside of a few moments for us. There's a reason he had many DNP's and only 6 total garbage time minutes in the playoffs when were getting slaughtered by Houston in games 1 and 2.

He wasn't that good. Did he have a few awesome impactful moments? Yeah.

Edit: that doesn't mean I'm satisfied with our current crop. I like TB but he's about as fringe of an NBA player as it gets. Ed Davis is a terrible fit.

We've had this conversation before but I'm sorry, Epke is an awesome human but he was worthless outside of a few moments for us. There's a reason he had many DNP's and only 6 total garbage time minutes in the playoffs when were getting slaughtered by Houston in games 1 and 2.

Edit: that doesn't mean I'm satisfied with our current crop. I like TB but he's about as fringe of an NBA player as it gets. Ed Davis is a terrible fit.
Great post, I agree 100%

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He had so many DNP because we had Favors as a backup C. We are only talking in the context of comparing him to Tony and Ed. I never felt like I have to start praying when he was stepping on the court which I always feel when Tony or Ed enter the game.