What's new

Weaver cut from the team

I doubt they bring him back next summer. Keeping him would have sent him a message that the Jazz were interested and now he can go anywhere without feeling any disloyalty to the Jazz. I personally thought he would be a good player for third string because he can play the PG and SG. I certainly would rather have Weaver than Price.

I doubt they bring him back next summer. Keeping him would have sent him a message that the Jazz were interested and now he can go anywhere without feeling any disloyalty to the Jazz. I personally thought he would be a good player for third string because he can play the PG and SG. I certainly would rather have Weaver than Price.

Fire KOC!!!!!!!!!!!! He sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe he did this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When will this franchise get serious about winning????????? Fire Sloan! Get rid of Boozer! Get us a real center that doesn't just shoot 3s!!!! Extend Andrei because he plays defense and does things that don't show up in the boxscore!

angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

Jazz Cut Weaver

This is unreal. He drops 19 on the Kings last Sunday and gets the boot today. Just to save a few bucks. No one is going to want to play here if that's the way players are treated.

Great move! With the logjam we had at SG, this frees up more time for CJ. Now the coaching staff will finally be able to evaluate Miles to see if he is our SG of the future.

<SARCASM ALERT, LEVEL RED>

The thing is, we already have Millsap and Favors at the 4, a position that Weaver does not play. So, we should have a good core going forward. Hopefully Weaver scores 19 points again, but not necessarily in the same arena OR wearing the same jersey.

- Craig

Al Jefferson Plays the 5 so he should continue to play that, but Earl Watson may play again. Maybe not in the same arena, or same number, but he might play.

This is unreal. He drops 19 on the Kings last Sunday and gets the boot today. Just to save a few bucks. No one is going to want to play here if that's the way players are treated.
I don't think anyone will decline coming to Utah because of how the Jazz treated Weaver. He was a D-league call up on a 10-day contract, and he played 10 days. Unlike many D-league call-ups, he played in all 5 games while with the Jazz (71 minutes). He's probably grateful for the opportunity to remind the NBA what he can do.

When the Jazz picked him up, they were missing Harris, Price, Bell and AK. The PG and SG spots were very thin. With Harris back (and who knows what Price/Bell's status is), they just don't need him for two meaningless games. They picked him up in an emergency situation, and now the emergency is over.