What's new

What are you eating?

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I want to continue over some discussion we’ve had on other threads. Post what you are cooking or eating for breakfast/lunch/dinner whenever you feel like it.

Been trying to eat better as often as possible as I would like to lose another 7-17 pounds. My main go to is a sweet potato-black bean-onion dish. Basically just sauté it sans oil in a pan, softening the sweet potatoes. I usually wrap it in low carb tortillas for “burritos.” Tastes great. Very healthy. I do like to add the sriracha mayo usually.

Exactly at this moment, Wendy's. Big bacon classic, extra veggies, fries, root beer. Chocolate frosty or 3 for dessert.

Been trying to eat better as often as possible as I would like to lose another 7-17 pounds. My main go to is a sweet potato-black bean-onion dish. Basically just sauté it sans oil in a pan, softening the sweet potatoes. I usually wrap it in low carb tortillas for “burritos.” Tastes great. Very healthy. I do like to add the sriracha mayo usually.
I've been trying to eat better and less also.

I'm back to my Sous Vide eggs and salmon with kimchee breakfasts.

I made chicken tortilla soup with homemade chicken bone broth.

I made hummus again for the first time in well over a year, I used to eat my hummus every day at work on my first break for about 3-4 years straight.

With the hummus I artfully make a little crater in the serving and put some chili garlic sauce that I make in the depression. The chili garlic sauce is 1 1/2C neutral oil, 1lb Thai chilies, 3 heads garlic, 3 TBS soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar. It is very spicy and ridiculously garlic-y.

I'm looking to lose 120lbs. I hit an all time high weight at a number that has always been a red line for me. I'm not going to live at that weight, I refuse to.

I made hummus again for the first time in well over a year, I used to eat my hummus every day at work on my first break for about 3-4 years straight.

With the hummus I artfully make a little crater in the serving and put some chili garlic sauce that I make in the depression. The chili garlic sauce is 1 1/2C neutral oil, 1lb Thai chilies, 3 heads garlic, 3 TBS soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar. It is very spicy and ridiculously garlic-y.

I'm looking to lose 120lbs. I hit an all time high weight at a number that has always been a red line for me. I'm not going to live at that weight, I refuse to.

What kind of salmon do you buy? I’ve never had any but my grandmother used to always eat the super thickly sliced pre-packaged kind…seems like it would be a super easy go to but it is pre-packaged.

What kind of salmon do you buy?
Costco boneless, skinless Atlantic salmon

imageService

It comes in individually vacuum sealed portions that make it very easy to pop into the 146.5F Sous Vide along with the eggs. 45min later the eggs are perfect and the fish is over cooked. I could time it better or run a second sous vide (which I have) to make the fish better but this is much easier. I put some kimchee in a bowl and set it on top of the cover for the sous vide bath while the other stuff cooks and it warms up but doesn't get hot.

I just had a Warren's Mount Ogden burger. Delish!

Exactly at this moment, Wendy's. Big bacon classic, extra veggies, fries, root beer. Chocolate frosty or 3 for dessert.

We need pictures!!!

Hummus with chili garlic oil

iJfaOQf.jpeg

Salmon and eggs cooked via sous vide with kimchee plus hot sauce and lots of black pepper

vTmJ3tv.jpeg

These are older pictures.

Costco boneless, skinless Atlantic salmon

imageService

It comes in individually vacuum sealed portions that make it very easy to pop into the 146.5F Sous Vide along with the eggs. 45min later the eggs are perfect and the fish is over cooked. I could time it better or run a second sous vide (which I have) to make the fish better but this is much easier. I put some kimchee in a bowl and set it on top of the cover for the sous vide bath while the other stuff cooks and it warms up but doesn't get hot.
Thats what I get as well. Its amazing. And interestingly, my favorite way to cook it is in the air fryer. I love it. Its my sunday brunch every week.

I'm staying at my Dad's house, alone, for the next while, trying to clean up and get ready to sell it, so I've just gotten a bunch of things that are either easy or I can get lots of leftovers out of. Tonight, I think I'm making some taco meat, should be good for 2-3 days of dinners. Or maybe I'll make a frozen pizza, but this ground beast has to get cooked up...

I also have just a ton of his food that I'm trying to go thru. A bunch will probably be taken to the food bank, just stuff that none of my family wants. Like a can of sardines.

Thats what I get as well. Its amazing. And interestingly, my favorite way to cook it is in the air fryer. I love it. Its my sunday brunch every week.
Do you go straight from frozen into the air fryer?

That's what's so good about it for breakfast in the sous vide. I cook it in the same package it comes in straight from the freezer. 45min at 146.5 is too hot and/or too long for it, but it is still good, I just admit that it's overcooked and I'm cool with that.

When I was working swing shifts I would wake up, get the sous vide up to temp while I had a cup of coffee, put my breakfast in to cook while I went to the gym 2min from my house to do a 35min workout, come home and eat my food then shower and get ready for my day. It was perfect. I loved working swing shift.

I'm staying at my Dad's house, alone, for the next while, trying to clean up and get ready to sell it, so I've just gotten a bunch of things that are either easy or I can get lots of leftovers out of. Tonight, I think I'm making some taco meat, should be good for 2-3 days of dinners. Or maybe I'll make a frozen pizza, but this ground beast has to get cooked up...

I also have just a ton of his food that I'm trying to go thru. A bunch will probably be taken to the food bank, just stuff that none of my family wants. Like a can of sardines.
Funny story that probably isn't funny.

When I was in HS the friends I ran with gave me the unwanted nickname "sardines." Now I didn't eat sardines, I would sometimes get kipper snacks when we did a gas station run or whatever because I really liked kipper snacks. I guess "kipper" wasn't as good a nickname so they went with sardines.

That's what's so good about it for breakfast in the sous vide. I cook it in the same package it comes in straight from the freezer. 45min at 146.5 is too hot and/or too long for it, but it is still good, I just admit that it's overcooked and I'm cool with that.

When I was working swing shifts I would wake up, get the sous vide up to temp while I had a cup of coffee, put my breakfast in to cook while I went to the gym 2min from my house to do a 35min workout, come home and eat my food then shower and get ready for my day. It was perfect. I loved working swing shift.
I used to do the same with my instant pot. Prep steel cut oats the night before, had it on a timer to be done when I got home from the gym. Come home, shower, eat oats and hard boiled eggs and head out. One of my favorite meals for breakfast.

No I put in the fridge the night before I cook it to thaw. I put paprika, a little garlic salt, pepper and vegetable oil on it and then put it in the air fryer for 9 minutes at 390 degrees. Its perfect.

No I put in the fridge the night before I cook it to thaw. I put paprika, a little garlic salt, pepper and vegetable oil on it and then put it in the air fryer for 9 minutes at 390 degrees. Its perfect.
Sounds really good

Tonight will be rib eyes, dry aged for 35 days, sous vide at 132 for 1.5 hours, then finished on the chimney charcoal starter with hickory chunks in it, great way to sear sous vide steaks. Chimichurri on the side. I also make a blue cheese/horse radish compound butter with roasted garlic and whatever fresh herbs I have (this time rosemary and parsley), so I usually put a slab of that on the steaks right as they finish searing, melts in really well. Not a ton of horse radish, just enough for a bit of a bite, so it isn't overwhelming the steaks. Grilled corn on the side (I eat as much grilled corn as I can while it is in season, at least weekly, usually more often), along with grilled eggplant rounds and grilled asparagus. I grill all those on top of my charcoal starter while the fire is hot, so the veggies are just barely cooked but get a lot of great color on them. Just like grilled veggies should be. We are having friends over so this should be a great Friday night dinner before a cutthroat game of Ticket to Ride, Europe - yes we are the people who will buy the little 2 train stretches just to **** everybody else up. Heh.

Jambalaya tonight!

Side note, I removed sugar from my diet and lost 50 pounds in 7 months.
I removed sugar from my diet too. Except for Frosties from Wendy's. Oh and rocky road ice cream from State Brothers. Oh and hot chocolate a couple times a week. Oh and cheesecake, can't cut out cheesecake. And can't forget my wife's banana bread with chocolate chips and pecans. Oh and dark chocolate, gotta have some of that pretty much every day. Oh and sour gummies at the movies. And at home sometimes. Oreos are always in the pantry of course. I am sure there are some I forgot.

But other than that, I have completely cut out sugar, but I am not losing any weight. The whole cutting sugar thing is a scam!!