What's new

What does Kanter have to do to play

oldtimer

Paul goes 1 for 11 and Kanter 2-3 and Corbin can't find 20 minutes for the kid. Corbin is making huge mistakes. Corbin has to learn the Jazz are 10 or more deep. If a player is having an off night he can and should be replaced. Foye is 1-5 and you can't give Burks a few minutes. Corbin wake the heck up

Be out of the NBA for awhile, fight for an end of the roster spot, then start over a future lottery pick.

I heard some commentator say this a couple of nights ago, 80% of coaching is managing egos and 20% is the x's and o's. Corbin doesn't have the balls to put some of our vet's egos in check and the guys that deserve a chance suffer. Kanter and Burks can't do **** to get a bigger piece of the rotation.

corbin is on his 3rd year for coaching and he is worried about things than most. he needs this wizards win so he takes the guaranteed road to keep the first team on court. I wouldn't trust a greasy hand heads down rookie(formally sophomore) post player too if I was him.

For Kanter to play, he has to-

Be a viable post up option
Put 0 effort on transition
Lower vertical by 10"
Look a litte chubbier.
Never foul on the defensive end
Never get fouled on the offensive end
Guard the pick and roll with the tenacity of a single guy at a sausage fest.
Try not to pass out of the double team
Definately never pass out of a triple team
Pump fake when no one's around you. Then hook shot when the defender recovers

These seem to get other players time at the Kanter's position.

Paul goes 1 for 11 and Kanter 2-3 and Corbin can't find 20 minutes for the kid. Corbin is making huge mistakes. Corbin has to learn the Jazz are 10 or more deep. If a player is having an off night he can and should be replaced. Foye is 1-5 and you can't give Burks a few minutes. Corbin wake the heck up

Break Big Al's leg by accident?

The Wizards game is the type of game that Kanter should be getting minutes. They are a bad team and the Jazz where playing a back to back and it was our fourth road game. It was obvious that Millsap and Jefferson were tired. Heck the Toronto game was 5 quarters instead of the usual 4.

Al carried the Jazz offensively in the 3rd quarter, and Favors was anchoring the defense. I think that's what kept Kanter off the floor. Kanter seems to be behind both Jefferson and Favors on the depth chart at C. TBH, I'm a bit pissed that Millsap and Marvin Williams got so many non-descript minutes tonight.

For Kanter to play, he has to-

Try not to pass out of the double team
Definately never pass out of a triple team
Pump fake when no one's around you. Then hook shot when the defender recovers

These seem to get other players time at the Kanter's position.

ahem. don't look now but ah...

never mind.

Pretty much. He gots to pay his dues yo.
If anyone has paid their dues its got to be Favors. What the hell did we trade D-Will for if taking Favors in return, we were not going to play him. That's what we've done. We traded D-Will for a guy that can play that we wont allow him to play. How much sense does this make? If you were Favors would you want to sign with the Jazz when your contract was up? I wouldn't. I would leave as fast as I could. Nobody that's a good player (like Favors) comes into the NBA looking forward to playing 20 minutes a game if he's lucky. We have got to make a move fast!!!!!

If anyone has paid their dues its got to be Favors. What the hell did we trade D-Will for if taking Favors in return, we were not going to play him. That's what we've done. We traded D-Will for a guy that can play that we wont allow him to play. How much sense does this make? If you were Favors would you want to sign with the Jazz when your contract was up? I wouldn't. I would leave as fast as I could. Nobody that's a good player (like Favors) comes into the NBA looking forward to playing 20 minutes a game if he's lucky. We have got to make a move fast!!!!!

favours just averaged over 30mins a game on this 4 game road trip. he's getting his minutes man.