What's new

What Is Gordon's Ceiling???

sojodave

In Gordon's first year, he sat most of the year and caught fire in the last two weeks. People on this forum were going crazy with his potential and even wanting to anoint him deity. His second year he started and was wildly inconsistent. This year he is just as inconsistent as last year. I appreciate that he is still young, but if his ceiling isn't that high, we are wasting our time in investing in him.

I think it's clear that Kanter and Favors haven't sniffed their ceiling, I think we are in trouble if Gordon doesn't have much further to go on his improvement.

Who or what do you think Gordon can become?

I'm feeling really low this morning, so my first response is that Hayward looks like he is trapped by the glass ceiling.
Maybe when I feel a little better about life I'll edit that comment.

To me Hayward is David Benoit without the rebounds or the booze.

Ooo, and while we are at it, Chandler Parsons is Robert Horry.

Its hard to say what Gordon's ceiling is. At times we looks like a potential future all star, at other times(like last night) he looks lost and a journeymen kind of player. I'm a big Gordon fan, I think he just needs to shoot with more confidence and get the ball more, sometimes it seems like he rarely touches the ball in position to score. Don't forget he's playing more shooting guard this year, and last year he played more small forward if I remember right

Maybe Larry Hughes heres why:
Gordon is Awsome! end of story. some times yall our praising his name, other times calling for his head. the guy has alot of potential. i could see him being an allstar once or twice. i dont think he will ever be the first option on a team. i dont think he would handle the pressure well. but having someone infront of him that is an allstar would take the pressur off of him and help him exel. he has very simaler stats to larry hughes, when he played with lebron on cleveland, and washington with gilbert.. plus i think he was an allstar 3 times in a row. i think he coulkd be like that. i just hope he wont be as much of a chucker and more consitent. larry wasnt the first option either, and he did great when he wasnt. i feel gordon is the same,

I've said it many times Ty has no idea how to use him. He should be used like Harden. He is hindered by the fact we have no direction on offense Al and Millsap dominate the ball and aren't matches for what Hayward wants to do, and Favors, and Kanter aren't polished offensively, bigs don't set good picks on pick'n roll, that part of the offense is none existent because our bigs set the softest picks ever. I can't help but feel that Hayward would be further along if Jerry was still the coach.

With all this said I feel Haywards ceiling is Harden. Harden will always be a better more natural scorer, with Hayward being a better table setter, and running an offense.

act_matt_harpring.jpg

The subliminal question is this:
Will Hayward ever be a consistently good 3-pt shooter? Because if the answer is Yes, then he has much more room for improvement. If the answer is No, then he's near but not at the ceiling.

I've said it many times Ty has no idea how to use him. He should be used like Harden. He is hindered by the fact we have no direction on offense Al and Millsap dominate the ball and aren't matches for what Hayward wants to do, and Favors, and Kanter aren't polished offensively, bigs don't set good picks on pick'n roll, that part of the offense is none existent because our bigs set the softest picks ever. I can't help but feel that Hayward would be further along if Jerry was still the coach.

With all this said I feel Haywards ceiling is Harden. Harden will always be a better more natural scorer, with Hayward being a better table setter, and running an offense.

I use to think Hayward had near-Harden ability, but he doesn't. His ball-handling just isn't good enough to be on that level.

Did you not see the 4 games we "used Hayward like Harden" coming off the bench about 2 weeks ago? It was a disastrophe.

My answer: Dunleavy Year 7. I don't think he'll get that high, but if he can plateau just underneath it and stay healthy like Dunleavy couldn't that would be a great player to have.

if he was allowed to pick and roll a lot more i don't think there would be an issue. seems he's the only guy that knows how to pass the ball out of the pick

if he was allowed to pick and roll a lot more i don't think there would be an issue. seems he's the only guy that knows how to pass the ball out of the pick

Being a good PnR player is a lot more than making that roll pass which he's very good at. Good PnR players can either drive or create a jumper which is what makes the play so hard to defend. That's what holds Hayward back.

After last night I'm gonna say Luke Walton.

Ok, unfair. Still he seems to have made zero improvement over last year. Maybe even regressed a bit. Demarre is looking better than he is right now.

Being a good PnR player is a lot more than making that roll pass which he's very good at. Good PnR players can either drive or create a jumper which is what makes the play so hard to defend. That's what holds Hayward back.

Watching him dribble the ball while trying to make a move is like watching a car crash. You want to look away but you can't.