What's new

What is Sap smoking???

carolinajazz

''We wanted to show everybody what we're capable of doing and if we continue to play like that, we're going to shock the world. The sky's the limit for us,'' said Millsap."

....hey, I'll be the first to admit that was a BIG win for the Jazz...and they played well, even "watchable" basketball! (20 plus assists and only 14 turnovers) But to suggest the Jazz are now some kind of NBA powerhouse and headed for the Finals? Please! When the Jazz can put together a decent winning streak, 6 or 7 games in a row, with some quality wins on the road, THEN I'll buy into the Koolaid, kapesh?

...lets see what they do in their next 5 games. Tough teams and 4 of them on the road. If they can win 3 of them, I'll be impressed! 4 wins and I'll be besides myself. Win all 5? I'm drinking the koolaid!

The Jazz won't shock anyone with Sap, and Big Al starting next to each other.
With a few tweaks it might be possible. That's the frustrating part.

Foye plays way too much. Marvin Williams makes some nice plays now, and again, but is basically a ghost on the court.
If we could clean up the team a little I'd be more excited about the big picture this year.

Non issue. Any player in the NBA has to believe that he has a chance to win it all, otherwise he isn't trying hard enough. It's an attitude, and it's one that I do want our players to have.

Non issue. Any player in the NBA has to believe that he has a chance to win it all, otherwise he isn't trying hard enough. It's an attitude, and it's one that I do want our players to have.

Same here. I'd rather our players be stupid than realistic.

Man, don't hate a guy for being optimistic.

Last thing I want is for Paul to say "It was a great win tonight, but I don't see us doing this consistently. Maybe after Jefferson or I get traded, and Kanter has another year to develop."

You won the game against Spurs - not an usual thing - and you had a great game, you are full of confidence and adrenaline so that assertive speech is understandable. You can't expect realistic or senseful speeches from a player after a win like that. As its seen in that video, after that heroic victory from Hawks against Celtics;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAcerISqI8s

just cause hes black hes gotta be smoking something?

...has nothing to do with the color of his skin, it's a figure of speech, numbnuts! Hey, I got nothing against having confidence after a win. But after 25 games I think talk of "shocking the world" and "the sky's the limit" is way to premature! Something like "yeah, we're capable of playing excellent basketball when we all buy in to the team concept....I just hope he can do this more consistently from here on out!"