What's new

What NBA Players Are Underrated And Are Set For a Breakout Season?

kabenac

I was wondering this question and figured I'd post it as it'll be fun to reevaluate this at the end of the season and see who deserves bragging rights.

So, what NBA player(s) are underrated and are set for a breakout season?

Off the top of my head Kris Dunn, Buddy Heild and Jamaal Murray are players I think could break out

Off the top of my head Kris Dunn, Buddy Heild and Jamaal Murray are players I think could break out

I really like Hield. I feel he's underachieved yet his numbers are pretty good percentage-wise. I like Sacramento's roster. They're going to be a fun team to watch and it'll be interesting to see how well they play in three years.

Hield has such a fluid release I could see him going for 23-24 ppg .. plus the rest of his team is pure trash

It's kinda weird to think about, but I think Fultz and Ball can be on this list. They were, for many, highly overrated and underachieved. Fultz looks pretty smooth so far and has some swag and Ball gets to play with James. I actually like Ball's game for the most part. If he can learn to shoot and not be so passive, he could be really good.

Miles Bridges might be the 2nd best player on the Hornets.
Jeremy Lamb has improved.
Brandon Ingram is becoming more featured on the Lakers.
Hopefully Dante Exum stays healthy and plays well.
Julius Randle might take another step.
Davis Bertans looks better this year, but I don't know about his minutes.
Keep an eye on Willie Hernangomez in Denver.

Some good names above I agree with. I'm going to go with John Collins, Jordan Bell, and my super darkhorse is Ivika Zubac.

Ya i put jarron collins and raja bell on my list too

Surprised no one has mentioned Dejounte Murray. He' already a defensive stud only matter of time his offense catches up as he takes on the starting PG position for the Spurs.I think Jakob could thrive in San Antonio as well. That is a great opportunity for him.

I don't know if he is necessarily underrated but John Collins is really solid player.

John Collins. His numbers were already great last year per 36. He just needs more opportunity. And he's going to get it because the Hawks are bad.

Bogdan Bogdanovic. When talking about the Kings people often bring up Fox, Bagley, Hield, Giles as breakout candidates. But I truly believe that Bogdanovic is the best player on that team. I really like his game.

Jordan Bell. With Zaza gone and Cousins still hurt, Bell has an opportunity for increased minutes.

Lonzo Ball. His shooting percentages should improve.

Markelle Fultz. Hard to believe that he won't be better than last year.

DANTE EXUM. If he can stay healthy, I believe he will have the best year of his career.

John Collins. His numbers were already great last year per 36. He just needs more opportunity. And he's going to get it because the Hawks are bad.

Bogdan Bogdanovic. When talking about the Kings people often bring up Fox, Bagley, Hield, Giles as breakout candidates. But I truly believe that Bogdanovic is the best player on that team. I really like his game.

You beat me to it. Wouldn’t surprise me if both had allstar type numbers, though I doubt Bogdanovic makes it in the West. Collins has a shot. He’s super talented. I love his upside.

Oh, and I drafted both on my team in the current draft.

Would also include De’Aaron Fox, Rubio, (think he turns it up even more this year. I’m very excited about his prospects this year.) Jaylen Brown and Tatum