What's new

What "Type" Of Coach Will Replace Ty

sojodave

I know, I know, there is already a thread about who will replace Ty, this thread is about what "type" of coach will replace Ty

I heard an interesting conversation on the radio about what type of coach will replace Ty on the mid-day show on 1280. They both concluded that they would be surprised if DL got an old school coach like George Karl or Lionel Hollins. They both thought they would get someone who is into analytics and someone who would have their first gig as head coach. They thought that DL wouldn't bring an old school coach that would tell everyone how it is done. What "type" of coach do you think the Jazz need?

Probably a basketball coach. I don't think a football or golf coach makes much sense for the Jazz.

kxRl1q.gif

I think a veteran coach like George Karl/Jeff Van Gundy/Lawrence Frank/etc. seems most logical.... But if DL can pluck a guy out of college like Gregg Marshall or Fred Hoiberg, I could rally around either of those two big time.

Mike Longabardi

Championship experience
Defensive coach with proven success
Big analytics guy
Lots of video experience
History with Lindsay
Good coaching pedigree

He's your guy

Mike Longabardi

Championship experience
Big analytics guy
Lots of video experience
History with Lindsay
Good coaching pedigree

He's your guy

I think an assistant with all that would be worth it but I couldn't care less about analytics. I think that stuff is fool's gold, and ultimately worthless.

Mike Longabardi

Championship experience
Big analytics guy
Lots of video experience
History with Lindsay
Good coaching pedigree

He's your guy

This is who I want. Creighton has this shooting coach, don't remember his name but he'd be a great pickup as an assistant, make Karl the strength and conditioning coach while still helping out the bigs, bring Stockton in to help teach proper p&r. 2014-15 NBA champs!

Defensive coach for sure.
Look at assistant coaches on the Spurs, Bulls, Thunder, and Pacers.

Or a college head coach looking to move up.

Either way I trust DL on what choice he will make.

defense.JPG

If I was the GM I would hire Hornacek. Give him Haywards 12 million dollar a year deal. #fantasy