What's new

What would you give up for AD?

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Now, I’m not suggesting we can obtain AD, or that 29 other teams couldn’t beat our offer, but I’m curious what, if anything, you’d offer NOP for AD, understanding that it could very likely be a one-year rental. Would you see it at all possible that we could PG the situation by ascending to the top of the West next year, and the promise of playing with a young Gobert and Mitchell vs. an aging LeBron?

Would you be willing to make some major sacrifices of future assets on that?

Exum, Favors, Rubio, Bradley, Allen and two 1sts.

I couldn’t do 3 because of the solid possibility he’d bolt.

FA-Neto
Mitchell-Korver
Ingles-O’Neale
Davis-Crowder
Gobert-Udoh

I’d probably try to sign two point guards. Maybe reup Sef on the cheap. Another shooter too. Not sure the position. Maybe Redick to make our rotations always scary so far as shooting goes.

I just don't see him re-signing here so I wouldn't give up anything for a one year rental.

I just don't see him re-signing here so I wouldn't give up anything for a one year rental.

With Gobert/AD/Mitchell we would win A LOT. Depending on who was left on the roster/who we signed to put next to them, we could win it all. I think he would stay.

With Gobert/AD/Mitchell we would win A LOT. Depending on who was left on the roster/who we signed to put next to them, we could win it all. I think he would stay.

Right, but we aren't getting him without giving up Mitchell or Gobert. Someone else would definitely beat our package if we didn't include one of those guys.

I wouldn't give up anything for AD. Because it would be a 1yr rental.

Boston is willing to give up Tatum. LA was going to give up anyone not named Lebron. Both those teams have young talent >>>>>>>>>>>> Utah (unless Mitchell is included. And that ain't happening).

Literally any combination of players not named Gobert. Yes, I'd give up Mitchell. I think AD and Gobert would be so dominating that we would win enough to keep AD and attract other players in the process. The problem is AD wants the notoriety of being on the NBAs flagship team. He knows the NBA wants the Lakers to win, and since they are one of the biggest names in all sports they get all the attention. He'll get rings and notoriety and be mentioned in the same breath as other legends of the game. That's what he wants. So it just doesn't matter if we would trade the Jazz name for him, we'll never get him.

I think you have a real shot at contending next year with AD, and I don’t think the chances of retaining him would be 0%. I don’t know what they would be, but they’re not 0. If you managed to pull a Paul George situation out of that, you’ve got a potential dynasty.

I’d give up anyone that’s not Gobert or Mitchell, plus three first rounders, plus any second round picks. Just sign Beverley and Curry to hold down the fort at PG.

Beverley / Curry
Mitchell / Royce
Ingles / Korver
AD / Crowder
Gobert / Udoh

Exum, Favors, Rubio, Bradley, Allen and two 1sts.

I couldn’t do 3 because of the solid possibility he’d bolt.

I'm sure you're being facetious on the 3rd but I would sell everything for a shot at 1 year. THAT'S WHAT THE JAZZ BUILD FOR. Go Toronto. Worst case you still have Rudy/DM and have a shot at doing it again. And a much better shot when the next All Star sees those two and him can go all the way.

Right, but we aren't getting him without giving up Mitchell or Gobert. Someone else would definitely beat our package if we didn't include one of those guys.
You said you wouldn't give up anything though. You said nothing of gobert or Mitchell.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app