What's new

Which Jazz player(s) will make the all star game?

Who makes the all star game?

• Gobert

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Both Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 54 91.5%

• Total voters

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
A few weeks ago I didn't think there was any way in hell the Jazz would get two players on the all star team. But we've since gone on to win 17 of our last 19 games, making us the hottest team in the NBA and putting us top 3 in the west. Both Donovan and Rudy are playing incredible basketball and having the best season of their career. So, who makes it?

If we win each game between now and the selection, then both.

Though Lillard’s game maybe gives him a few more votes.

When is the selection?
The starters’ names are released on the 23rd. I believe the coach’s vote is released on the 30th. I’d assume votes are due a couple days before that.

I think both Rudy and Donovan make it. One of Westbrook, Booker or Ingram will be snubbed, imo. Also, KAT has missed a lot of games so far this year. So has PG13.

If they both don’t then the coaches aren’t paying attention or don’t value winning. They may not value filling out the paperwork or might just have an assistant do it but if they take it seriously then both guys should be in.

If they both don’t then the coaches aren’t paying attention or don’t value winning. They may not value filling out the paperwork or might just have an assistant do it but if they take it seriously then both guys should be in.
I liked how the argument that Simmons was ROTY is because “it favors winning.” Would be nice if they flipped that script, “but KAT and Booker zomg!!1”

I liked how the argument that Simmons was ROTY is because “it favors winning.” Would be nice if they flipped that script, “but KAT and Booker zomg!!1”
PG and KAT have each played 26 games... I don't feel like they are 40% better than DM or Rudy... the best ability is availability.

Booker might make it, but I think CP may get the sympathy winning vote.

Luka
Harden
Lebron
AD
Kawhi

Jokic
Dame
Rudy
DM

I think Ingram, Booker, CP, PG, and Westbrick get the other spots based on whatever it is the coaches value. I wouldn't consider KAT... his team is ******* and he's missed a lot of time.

I swear after doubling Harden all season if the coaches pick Russ its the stupidest **** ever.

I believe that argument also went... just wait until BS gets a jumpshot… well we are all still waiting.

I actually think he deserved to win it... but you don't have to be an ******* about it.

I posted this in another thread. But I feel like there are 10 players in the West who are locks...

LeBron (fan vote)
AD (fan vote)
Kawhi (fan vote)
Doncic (fan vote)
Harden (fan vote)

Jokic (T-2nd West... someone from that team gets in)
Gobert (T-2nd West, production, media push after multiple snubs)
PG (Name recognition, team success)
Westbrook (Name recognition, team success)
Mitchell (Production on high seed)

That leaves only 2 spots up for grabs with CP3, Ja, Dame, Ingram, KAT and Booker fighting for them.

Zach Lowe has both Gobert and Mitchell in.

He has Gobert as a "reserve lock" and says that if he doesn't get in this year the Jazz should boycott All Star festivities.

He has Mitchell as one of the "Last 4 In" along with Booker, Ingram and CP3. He also had Lillard as a reserve lock. That is nonsense imo. Lillard is on a non playoff team, so is Booker, so is Ingram. Mitchell is the leading scorer/#1 option on the current 2 SEED. He should be a lock.

Personally I think all of Gobert/Mitchell/Bojan deserve serious consideration. I think if I were to draw up my own I'd have all 3 in there. I'd certainly say Bojan is having a better season than somebody like Ingram.

Harden
Doncic
Kawhi
LeBron
Gobert

CP3
Lillard
Bojan
Davis
Jokic

Mitchell
KAT