What's new

Which new Jazz players are you most excited to watch this year?

Which new Jazz players are you most excited to watch this year? (Pick up to 3)

• Collin Sexton

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • Ochai Agbaji

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Leandro Bolmaro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malik Beasley

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • THT

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Simone Fontecchio

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Lauri Markkanen

Votes: 46 56.8%
  • Jarred Vanderbilt

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Walker Kessler

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Kelly Olynyk

• Stanley Johnson

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Saben Lee

• Johnny Juzang

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Micah Potter

• Total voters
ochai, vando and fontecchio if i can choose just three. also interested to see if lauri can carry over some of that eurobasket performance and then beasley and kessler would be the next two.

I already mentioned this in another thread, but I'm excited to watch Vanderbilt. I like watching good defense, and excited for him to put the clamps down on some guys.

I'm excited to see what the rookies look like. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both spend some time in the G league, especially at the start of the year, but they should both get some decent playing time by the end of the year.

I would like to see if Beasley can rebuild his stock playing as a starter with Sexton running the offense and Ochai at the sf spot in a 3/d role

The annoying thing is that we have 18 players, and I don't want to see any of them cut (well, maybe except Gay). Hoping for a veteran trade giving up more players than we take back.

Sexton - How aggressive and efficient is he offensively?
Fontecchio - Can he become the new Bogdanovic?
Markkanen - Can he be a reliable three-level scorer?
I'm not expecting too much from Agbaji. He reminds me of a Courtney Lee type, but if he can be a solid wing defender and shoot high 30s from 3pt then he's a real part of the future.

I want to see if THT is better than his reputation, how close Sexton can get to what Mitchell put out, and if NAW can actually play since he barely played last year (im counting NAW because he's new-ish)

Well it was Westbrook but I guess I’ll have to settle for the country club man’s Greg Foster.

I want to see if THT is better than his reputation, how close Sexton can get to what Mitchell put out, and if NAW can actually play since he barely played last year (im counting NAW because he's new-ish)
Basically the three I'm most interested in as well. Sounds like you've been following the camp scuttle butt as have I. Conley had high praise for all three of those guys! I bet THT blows people's minds when they see how imposing, aggressive and athletic he really is.

Lauri/Sexton/THT

Lauri and Sexton because they should be our two best players and THT because he is the most unique player we added and I want to see if the early Lakers hype had any merit.

Fontecchio is going to be cool, but I think his game is going to be pretty standard. Same with Beasley. Not that I wont like them, but I feel like I know who they are as players.

Kessler and NAW would be my two runner-ups. Kessler because he's the most Rudy-like (miss Rudy) and NAW because he seems to be getting the most early camp hype. (and I know NAW isnt "new" but I feel like we barely saw him last year)

Lauri/Sexton/THT

Lauri and Sexton because they should be our two best players and THT because he is the most unique player we added and I want to see if the early Lakers hype had any merit.

Fontecchio is going to be cool, but I think his game is going to be pretty standard. Same with Beasley. Not that I wont like them, but I feel like I know who they are as players.

Kessler and NAW would be my two runner-ups. Kessler because he's the most Rudy-like (miss Rudy) and NAW because he seems to be getting the most early camp hype. (and I know NAW isnt "new" but I feel like we barely saw him last year)
NAW was kinda in Quin's mutt house last year sleeping next to Gay and Butler.