What's new

Which Teams Go After Hayward

gomretat

I noticed all year that a number of other fan boards were talking about how much they would like Hayward. Last night the first post on the first thread I opened on Clutch City (I went there to celebrate the complete destruction of my least favorite team) mentioned getting Hayward as the solution to what Houston needs to get to the next level. Fans are obviously not the same as the front office. So I am curious which teams people think will go hot and heavy after Gordon? How much competition will we have? I know everyone is going to say Boston which may be true but I think the previous coach thing is being overplayed as a reason.

Every team that could afford him
/thread

A bunch of teams have cap room. Boston and Miami are expected to make a push. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers tried to meet with him, but that's just my own hunch.

Houston could pursue Hayward, but I doubt he goes there.

I don't know who can afford him but theses are some teams who I think will go after him. Clippers, Pacers, Dallas, Boston, Miami, Lakers.

I was watching the game tonight and thinking the wizards with Hayward would be fun....

The Charlotte offer last round was a surprise to me. I had not heard them discussed as a possible destination. Obviously the money involved this time narrows the playing field. Is Hayward good enough that teams will be working to dump salary to make a run at him? I like our chances but the more competition we get the more I wonder if he will be seduced to going somewhere else. Hopefully he keep thinking about how nice it is to have Rudy behind him and realizes in places like Boston he won't get near as many touches.

If he's seduced by money then we've got more than anywhere. If he's seduced by an immediate winning future then he's really got two options. I doubt he's seduced by geography enough to consider sacrificing any of the previous two points to any significant degree.

all will offer, but we primarily have Boston to worry about. Only team that has potentially better future prospects than Utah.

Honestly, I'm not even worried.

I view Indy as a bigger threat than Boston, tbh.

With that said, I'll repeat what everybody else said, everybody is gonna offer him the max. Hayward is a star player. Great offensively, good defensively, and he's never had a hint of trouble and has done nothing but improve every year. We are so lucky to have him.

Paul George will probably be traded to LAkers. So Boston will get either Butler or Hayward. I think they will first try to convince Hayward and use their lottery pick for another asset. If they cant, then they will use it to get Butler.
I hope we can get Butler, if they get Hayward.

Paul George will probably be traded to LAkers. So Boston will get either Butler or Hayward. I think they will first try to convince Hayward and use their lottery pick for another asset. If they cant, then they will use it to get Butler.
I hope we can get Butler, if they get Hayward.

I think the Jazz are going to go after Butler and pair him with Hayward.

Thats hard to do despite of Boston. But Butler + Hayward, means we are 55+ win next year. And thats like a 60 of this season.

I doubt they get his attention but 76ers would be an interesting fit for Hayward. They have more young talent than Boston. If the picks of Boston intrigue Hayward then he should be pretty stoked about 76ers. If they picked up Hayward they would make the playoffs in the East next year. They probably will anyways if Embiid is healthy. If they get into the top 3 and bump out the Lakers they could get a top 3 pick and the number 4 pick this year. Imagine this lineup and then progress it out a few years.

Ben Simmons/Markelle Fultz
Covington/Josh Jackson
Gordon Hayward/Gerald Henderson
Dario Saric/Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
Joel Embiid/Okafor

Obviously you can mix and match positions and draft picks from this year but that is a scary team in the East if they are healthy. I think they could push the Cavs in a 2-3 years.

They also have enough cap room to go get another big name FA to go along with Hayward and their young talent.

Good thing Hayward is staying with the Jazz though... right? July cant come fast enough.

I would love to get Rondo and Butler from Chicago but I think we will get outbid on Butler by teams like Boston for Butler. We dont have the high draft picks/young players they would want. That is why of the big name people possibly available for trade PG13 is the only one we can get. The offers for him wont be as high because of the risk of him leaving after the year for LA.

Every team that could afford him
/thread

This but I think Hayward would only pay attention to the Jazz, Celtics, Spurs, Wizards, Raptors and Rockets. Hayward is in a position to combine money with winning.