What's new

Who Do We Invite to Training Camp?

homeytennis

Camp has 20 spots. Who of the summer leaguers get to go? I think the three 2nd round draft picks are no brainers. All have shown flashes and warts. Stanton Kidd deserves a shot. He has had two decent games after the disaster on Saturday. George King is here for a reason and quietly had two double figure games the last two. Jairus Lyles and Isiah Cousins. Both played with the Stars last season and Lyles averaged 40 points in two games on Rio Grande's home floor (they eventually won the GLeague championship.) Willie Reed, Josh Sharma and the Trombone player. How do you not invite a guy who has the walk off interview on national television?

Kidd and King are likely. Maybe Cousins just so the Stars have dibs on him after he gets cut. Jazz can keep the rights for 4 guys on their G-league team as long as they’re not claimed by a different team on waivers. I think. (Or signed to a 2 way contract instead.)

Would still like to kick the tires on Dragan Bender and Furkan Korkmaz. Maybe give them each a non guaranteed minimum deal and let them try to fight their way onto the roster.

Last edited:
Gobert, Brantley, Davis, Green, Mitchell, Conley, Ingles, Exum, Bogdanovic, O’Neale, Niang, Mudiay, Oni and Bradley.

That’s 14. I say JFW and Willie Reed are brought in for camp.

Gobert, Brantley, Davis, Green, Mitchell, Conley, Ingles, Exum, Bogdanovic, O’Neale, Niang, Mudiay, Oni and Bradley.

That’s 14. I say JFW and Willie Reed are brought in for camp.

Add Kidd and Cousins, possibly Hollins as well.

Could very well scour the waiver wire of other teams. Jazz know what they have in Cousins and Lyles. Maybe they get cut loose so new blood can be brought in. Has JWF shown enough to be the starter for the Stars? Kind of feel bad for Reed. He's shown enough to normally warrant a backup spot somewhere, but he's old school in an era of smaller, more mobile 5's. And I don't think he's eligible for a two-way so his earning potential is very limited.

Reed and Kidd are looking for some guaranteed money somewhere. I would not be opposed to bringing in another team's summer league player like Chris Clemmons of Houston or Mike Daum or Portland. Also Jon Leuer hit the waiver wire yesterday if we are looking for a backup 4.

Last edited: