What's new

Who has the best TV/Surround sound?

Revolution 9

Contributor
Just curious who has a really good tv, and sound system. Do you watch the Jazz on it? How do movies look?
I'm getting a new TV here soon, and wanted to see what you guys recommend. Anyone have 4K?

So let's see it. What you got?

i dont watch tv .
i watch jazzgames at my multiple monitor setup casually with other games.
got 3 monitors gonna get a 4th soon.
just regular surround pc speakers

Just curious who has a really good tv, and sound system. Do you watch the Jazz on it? How do movies look?
I'm getting a new TV here soon, and wanted to see what you guys recommend. Anyone have 4K?

So let's see it. What you got?

I have 4k in my great room but watch all games in the theater on a 120" screen. It rocks base and the picture is perfect.
The 4k is great. It's the curved 65" Samsung. My surround is Onkyo and I love it. I'm not an audiophile, though, so I can't really be of much help talking techy and providing detailed specs.

I have 4k in my great room but watch all games in the theater on a 120" screen. It rocks base and the picture is perfect.
The 4k is great. It's the curved 65" Samsung. My surround is Onkyo and I love it. I'm not an audiophile, though, so I can't really be of much help talking techy and providing detailed specs.

I love the curved 4K tvs. Cant do it with a little kid. ****er will find a way to get his hands on it. I want to hang it on the wall so its a little harder to touch. The 120 screen sounds delicious. We need to have a jazzfanz party at your house some year.

I love the curved 4K tvs. Cant do it with a little kid. ****er will find a way to get his hands on it. I want to hang it on the wall so its a little harder to touch. The 120 screen sounds delicious. We need to have a jazzfanz party at your house some year.

Agreed. We also have the 2015 Golden Tee, pool table, corn hole, etc. would be fun.

I have a movie room with my 1080p projector that was pretty top of the line 4-5 years ago but getting old now. I have a high end Klipsch surround sound system that I love. I run a Velodyne sub that hardly gets used but shakes the house if needed. Just switched out the receiver to a Yamaha but I don't like it as much as my old Pioneer one, but it didn't have enough HDMI spots anymore. Kept the remote from the old receiver since you could take any remote and point it at it and it would learn the buttons as you pushed them. The rest of my house I just have a couple simple 42" tvs that are 1080p but nothing special. I am not a fan of giants tvs in the living room where guests come into or bedrooms, just a simple tv that can be hidden or no tv at all.

Projectors are the way to go if you have the room for it IMO. Nothing better than watching a huge screen in the basement with comfortable seating and space game day. Although I am in the middle of redoing my basement in my new house.

Black Friday is obviously a good time to buy this type of stuff. But equally or arguably better time is right before the super bowl, tons of deals as good or better than black Friday and way less crowds.

Agreed. We also have the 2015 Golden Tee, pool table, corn hole, etc. would be fun.
I'm on my way. See you in about 4 house hours.

Seriously though. Mini meet up at your place (or that dope *** rental) some day please.

Samsung 65 inch and blueray surround sound in my living room. It's the most I can afford right now and does the job. Watch most new movies at the theatre anyway so this is mostly for Netflix.. NBA games.. ps4.. HBO.. etc..

Samsung 60 inch hanging on the wall and a pretty good sounding speaker box/sound bar thing

4e35dd5e832f13ba1b894c98f1a009f6.jpg

i dont watch tv .
i watch jazzgames at my multiple monitor setup casually with other games.
got 3 monitors gonna get a 4th soon.
just regular surround pc speakers
Why not wait for prices to drop, and get a 40'' 4k monitor? That's my plan.

Projectors are the way to go if you have the room for it IMO. Nothing better than watching a huge screen in the basement with comfortable seating and space game day.
I still don't get why more people don't do it. You can get a decent projector for <$1000 that'll blow away any TV experience. I'm broke, and live in a tiny apartment, but there's no ****ing way I'd trade in my projector for a TV.

For those interested, here's a decent place to start (note: This list is a couple years old): https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-d...p/1391476-coderguy-s-top-projector-picks.html

His pick for best budget projector, the BenQ 1070, is currently on sale on Amazon.com for $670. I have a Mitsubishi HC4000, which appears in his rankings in several places.