What's new

Who have you been most wrong about?

porfavors

Everyone is most wrong about Danny Ainge. Maybe Danny Ainge is most wrong about himself

1667886690238.png

Last edited:

dipship31

giphy.gif

Release the Kraken

Conley! Not that I haven't been a supporter because I have, but I'm guilty of trying to trade the guy towards a younger, bigger more timeline consistent point guard. He does tend to get posted up quite a bit due to his size and he's not getting any younger, but what I wasn't taking into account was not only is he having a banner season since joining the Jazz but he's having a profound impact on the development of these younger players. I still have my doubts that Sexton can be our starting point guard of the future (love him in Clarkson's old role) and I do think we should consider grabbing somebody either taking up space on another roster or through the draft, but barring a reasonable shot at SGA, I think we need to go home with the one who brung us, and that's Mike Conley Jr. He's officially been added to my list of semi-untouchables for the season.

HermanG

For me its KO as well. That Bojan trade was the "conclusive evidence" to me that this team is tanking. I was thinking no way that makes any other sense than removing a good scorer to decrease plausible wins.

hgb

Contributor
For me its KO as well. That Bojan trade was the "conclusive evidence" to me that this team is tanking. I was thinking no way that makes any other sense than removing a good scorer to decrease plausible wins.
I also thought the trade was puzzling, but to me it kinda signaled that we _weren't_ tanking, since we got a solid player back instead of a pick from someone.

In any case, JC has definitely been the player who's exceeded my expectations the most. And Lauri, in particular as a defender.

HermanG

I also thought the trade was puzzling, but to me it kinda signaled that we _weren't_ tanking, since we got a solid player back instead of a pick from someone.

In any case, JC has definitely been the player who's exceeded my expectations the most. And Lauri, in particular as a defender.
Since we got a 31 year old and a filler for a 33 year old, I thought it was a talent dump. Little did I know it was a glue player they targeted.

In hindsight, that trade is actually the most revealing that they were building a competitive team for this year.