Who Will Be Fined For Flopping First?

Who Will Be Fiend For Flopping First

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
Who and how soon into the season?

Edit: Sorry mods, wrong forum. This should probably be in General NBA...

I voted for Manu. He's been doing it so long I don't think it well register until the fine comes in

Once Roger is freed form purgatory, look for him to sign a vet minimum contract and promptly flop in his first minutes on the floor.

I'm tempted to say "All of the above", but that's what should happen. I suspect what will actually happen is that someone who doesn't have a rep as a flopper will get pinged when they are actually innocent. The abovenamed members of the All-Star Flop Squad will not get cited at all, because they have reputations as "fiesty defenders", and to fine them for flopping would be an admission that the refs have been duped into copulating up foul calls for years. In fact, I would expect that any warning or fine would be for an act where the player had the foul called on them, I don't think a successful flop will ever be penalised.

I'm going to say that Alec Burks will be the first Jazzman to get fined (he's not a flopper, but he tends to bounce pretty hard and flail his arms when he gets screened). This might make him the first player overall to get fined, too.

P.S. Is Baron Davis still in the league? If so, he's a write-in candidate.

Manu is an epic flopper, but he's a very smart player.

Blake Griffin, on the other hand, flopped when he accidently hit himself in the face.

I agree that Manu and Varejao will be two of them but has everyone forgotten Luis Scola. AK and Derek Fischer are good candidates too. Raja Bell would have represented the Jazz really well.

I'm tempted to say "All of the above", but that's what should happen. I suspect what will actually happen is that someone who doesn't have a rep as a flopper will get pinged when they are actually innocent. The abovenamed members of the All-Star Flop Squad will not get cited at all, because they have reputations as "fiesty defenders", and to fine them for flopping would be an admission that the refs have been duped into copulating up foul calls for years. In fact, I would expect that any warning or fine would be for an act where the player had the foul called on them, I don't think a successful flop will ever be penalised.

I'm going to say that Alec Burks will be the first Jazzman to get fined (he's not a flopper, but he tends to bounce pretty hard and flail his arms when he gets screened). This might make him the first player overall to get fined, too.

P.S. Is Baron Davis still in the league? If so, he's a write-in candidate.

This. I don't know why anyone wouldn't assume this is to be selectively enforced.

None of the above. Reggie Evans

Did I win?