• Stanton Kidd

• William Howard

• Jarrell Brantley

• Jazz Sign Free Agent

• Jazz Keep Open Roster Spot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
These seem like the only 5 possible outcomes to me.

I think Goss has a roster spot for sure since he played competently.

*And yes I know Brantley is on a 2-way deal, but I guess they could upgrade him?*

Last edited:
I'd go Howard, think Brantley would benefit more from the Stars at this point (JWF as well). Can we cut somebody and bring in one of those 2-ways if we want to later?

I think Kidd will make it over Howard because of his defense.

I'll go out on a limb and say the Jazz are exploring trades to move Kidd and help him find a home with another NBA team, they'll put Howard on the Stars for now to start the season, and they'll keep a roster spot open for another FA (like Rabb), a small trade, or someone who stands out on the Stars roster during the first month of the G-League season.

I think it's Kidd and it's partly financial. I wouldn't be opposed to letting both go and seeing what comes through the waiver wire. I like McKinnie out in GS.. There are a few other guys I think that might have more upside than Kidd and Howard. If Christian Wood was waived I'd have interest, but I'm guessing there are character issues there and he might be red flagged.

McKinnie is definitely intriguing. But how did he fail to make the Warriors’ roster this year?

McKinnie is definitely intriguing. But how did he fail to make the Warriors’ roster this year?

they have unique salary constraints... it didn’t make a ton of sense but they might need guys that are better with the ball now that they lost so much creation/shooting.

they have unique salary constraints... it didn’t make a ton of sense but they might need guys that are better with the ball now that they lost so much creation/shooting.
Yeah, I get their constraints in a vague/general way. Still, they need contributions in a lot of areas... and they value culture and consistency... and McKinnie wouldn’t have been expensive...

Maybe I’m missing something, but on the surface it’s hard to square.

Yeah, I get their constraints in a vague/general way. Still, they need contributions in a lot of areas... and they value culture and consistency... and McKinnie wouldn’t have been expensive...

Maybe I’m missing something, but on the surface it’s hard to square.

They liked Chriss I guess. They have issues at the 5 with WCS out and likely view McKinnie as more replaceable? I love the idea of throwing out Chriss with their weak defenders... it will work great for the Jazz.

Still confused as to why he got so few votes when the only signs pointed to him.

I think the other guys are more exciting to most posters. Kidd does some cool stuff athletically but is basically a solid defender who might be able to shoot well enough to justify some plug and play minutes if we have injuries. IDK... we are mostly dummies

I think the other guys are more exciting to most posters. Kidd does some cool stuff athletically but is basically a solid defender who might be able to shoot well enough to justify some plug and play minutes if we have injuries. IDK... we are mostly dummies
IDK, Kidd is bigger, more athletic, and his shot looks better than Royce's at the time they both signed.

He doesnt have Royce's instinctive IQ on offense, but he's better at attacking the rim to score.

IDK, Kidd is bigger, more athletic, and his shot looks better than Royce's at the time they both signed.

He doesnt have Royce's instinctive IQ on offense, but he's better at attacking the rim to score.

Disagree on the shooting part. Not on how it looks... more on the results. The passing was a big reason I liked Royce when he came over.

But my point stands... both guys got mostly yawns when we signed them... in part because they are/were 3 and D projects.

Howard was interesting because of the shooting and he had some unique moves... on defense he sucked but did get some deflections/steals that showed some promise. He's also French so there is some natural intrigue.

I like Kidd... fine with the choice. Hope he figures it out and sticks. My big concern is he has some really bad misses and his percentages don't seem to indicate he is a shooter. I have no issues with his form.

It's simple. I see Brantley, I vote.

I didn't even read the question tbh.

he should not have been on the poll... he was always headed to the G league. If you bring him up you can convert his contract and waive someone later.

Disagree on the shooting part. Not on how it looks... more on the results. The passing was a big reason I liked Royce when he came over.

But my point stands... both guys got mostly yawns when we signed them... in part because they are/were 3 and D projects.

Howard was interesting because of the shooting and he had some unique moves... on defense he sucked but did get some deflections/steals that showed some promise. He's also French so there is some natural intrigue.

I like Kidd... fine with the choice. Hope he figures it out and sticks. My big concern is he has some really bad misses and his percentages don't seem to indicate he is a shooter. I have no issues with his form.

His percentages were better than Royce's in Europe.

Through 4 seasons in Europe Kidd shot:
35% on 71 attempts
41% on 86 attempts
39% on 112 attempts
31% on 160 attempts

Royce through 2 seasons in Europe:
32% on 158 attempts
35% on 112 attempts

Kidd shot 33% on 64 Summer League 3's

Royce shot 24% on 68 Summer League 3's