What's new

Why No Burks?

O'Neale still gives the Jazz a lot of defense.

If Burks was a consistent offensive threat, it'd be a different question, but he hasnt been.

I remember when we had the win string in November-December and then went into a tailspin. I hope that doesn't happen again. It's like we could have easily lost Staturday.

I mentioned this in the game thread in the first quarter and others echoed it. We needed shooting and Burks rode the pine. Neto would have been useful as well and it sucks he's injured - he's shooting 40%+ from three and having someone shoot threes with some consistency with the second unit would have no doubt helped and perhaps foiled Atlanta's defensive game plan.

We rely on defense to win games, not offense. Burks coming on decreases our defense more than adds to our offense. That's why he didn't get off the bench.

I totally agree with this line of thinking UNLESS we have a really off night and need a spark to change things up. Shooting can be contagious. When one person hits a shot, the defense loosens up and that leaves the next person more open and more likely to hit a shot. We needed that sort of a spark last night. Whatever the case, I think that Burk's defensive presence is insufficient for the style we play which is why he doesn't typically make it off the bench.

lol ingles missed 7/8 threes. this happens. some of them were wide open too. still want him to take 3s instead of burks

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Burks has been unplayable most nights. He just makes too many mental mistakes, and he seems to be playing with no confidence. I think if Royce is losing effectiveness the best bet is probably a bit more Exum for now.

It's just when the entire team is pissing in the chile, the two DLeague dudes, Junior Stock and Burks could not have done worse. I thought Dante did fine btw.

A couple things.

Burks had a stretch of games earlier this year when everyone (even cy) was singing his praises.

Burks also was playing big minutes for the first part of our big winning streak.

Burks defense this year was much much better than years past.

A couple things.

Burks had a stretch of games earlier this year when everyone (even cy) was singing his praises.

Burks also was playing big minutes for the first part of our big winning streak.

Burks defense this year was much much better than years past.
Yeah, I dont think he has been terrible, but he just lacks any kind of distinctive skill anymore. He is just kind of there and his 3pt shooting did take a nosedive. Since he isnt much of a driver anymore, it's really important he hit 3's, which he hasnt as of late.