What's new

Why the silence about Joe Johnson ?

Grandpa Jazz

Have become a lurker, but remember I am always watching you. If that doesn't creep you out, it should!!! Have to ask this question though. Why is there no thread after the acquisition of Joe Johnson? Is it his age and he is being viewed as of no help? My prediction is that you will be singing his praises soon. He is (IMHO)(no, not really humble)the perfect and much needed pickup that this team needs. Of course, he may not pan out in the end for a variety of reasons (much like anyone else)but the kind of contribution he can make to this squad is incalculable.

Hill and Johnson showed up to watch the Jazz SL team last night. Both got positive reactions from the crowd when they were pointed out.

yes, because yellow pants rock.
latest

No, don't lock the thread. This is relevant.

Hill is having a press conference today to be introduced.

Joe Johnson is in town, but is not being introduced.

Why not?
Don't think it's really a formal press conference. He's just being made available to the press for questions. Don't know why JJ's not available at the same time. Maybe he's not as far along in the process (physicals and stuff)

oh, good catch. It is just media availability. A huge break from the traditional austere Jazz introductory press conference.

oh, good catch. It is just media availability. A huge break from the traditional austere Jazz introductory press conference.

Some twitter speculation that the press conference, if done, would be after Vegas SL just because of schedules.

Joe Johnson doesn't need a press conference. He eats press conferences for breakfast (with a side of grapefruit).

Have become a lurker, but remember I am always watching you. If that doesn't creep you out, it should!!! Have to ask this question though. Why is there no thread after the acquisition of Joe Johnson? Is it his age and he is being viewed as of no help? My prediction is that you will be singing his praises soon. He is (IMHO)(no, not really humble)the perfect and much needed pickup that this team needs. Of course, he may not pan out in the end for a variety of reasons (much like anyone else)but the kind of contribution he can make to this squad is incalculable.
Have you been lurking or hibernating?

Just saw a clip on the local news of him saying his body feels great and that being from a smaller town he is looking forward to the comparatively laid back atmosphere of Utah. He seemed super relaxed and happy.

out of curiosity did he mention why he chose Utah? I'm super happy we signed him but still surprised he chose Utah