What's new

Will Barton

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Have heard his name brought up multiple times by Jones, Larsen, et al...

Let’s say it takes full MLE to get him, so 4/36M. Who is in? Provides scoring off the bench, has a cool nickname, youngish.

Denver may go higher than that if they can offload some money, but I don’t see another team going higher. I think he’d be good value at that price... my only worry is he has some AB type struggles in the system. He seems like he is better at playing with others but I haven’t watched him a ton.

Definitely intrigued by this guy.

Unfortunately he plays for a team that plays absolutely no defense. So it's hard to gauge how good he'd be in QS' system .

I’m unsure here... just heard the name a few times and was curious what some might think here.
tY6lnqY.gif

Reactions: UB
He would be an asset for our team because he can shoot. Unfortunately, he's one of a few decent unrestricted free agents this summer. I think he'll end up getting paid more than we want to give him. I could see a contender using their MLE on him.

Will the Thrill is one bad dude!!!! He was drafted orginally by Portland and was mostly doing pine there before they shipped him to the Nugs. It seems to me that he and Elliot Williams were there about the same time.

He can definitely score. Tbh, I’d prefer the Jazz focus their free agent efforts on Joe Harris or Mario Hezonja. I think both guys are better fits and have a higher upside.

He got one vote for all defensive second team.

He seems to have improved every year for the most part. A guy like that may thrive under this coaching staff.

I have liked Barton the past few years. I know I posted this video of him which makes him cool in my eyes:

If we could sign him for what was proposed by the OP then one must do it. I like efficient players and Barton fits that. He's a good defender as well. Though I bet he gets signed for more like 4/46.

Here's an interesting fact about him turning down a Denver extension: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...on-turned-down-4-year-42m-contract-in-october

I think he wants to be a starter as much as anything. I don’t think we can accommodate.

I think he wants to be a starter as much as anything. I don’t think we can accommodate.

I heard that too... I think he wants his money first and foremost. He might be a guy that’d rather go out up 20 on a non playoff team as a starter.

I’m pretty meh on it tbh... just heard that name a few times and MLE is about what he gets.

I have liked Barton the past few years. I know I posted this video of him which makes him cool in my eyes:

If we could sign him for what was proposed by the OP then one must do it. I like efficient players and Barton fits that. He's a good defender as well. Though I bet he gets signed for more like 4/46.

Here's an interesting fact about him turning down a Denver extension: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...on-turned-down-4-year-42m-contract-in-october

Turning down the extension was a mistake. Maybe Dallas strikes out in their first targets and signs him but it won’t be for more than that.

He can definitely score. Tbh, I’d prefer the Jazz focus their free agent efforts on Joe Harris or Mario Hezonja. I think both guys are better fits and have a higher upside.

Harris is fine but I’d rather find the next Harris on the cheap. I think he ends up close to MLE and not sure there is much more to uncover there.

I think we have to TRADE with Denver in order for the magic to keep rolling. My impression is he's Alec Burks-ish (otherwise, why isn't he starting?). I am pretty ignorant, though.

If he knows how to D up (and play within a scheme) and can also score, then do it.