What's new

Will Hayward replace Davis in the AS game?

BYE

Seems to be out with a shoulder injury.

Top Choices
Monta Ellis: 20.4, 2.6, 4.6, 1.8 (46%, 33%, 76%)

Dirk: 18.3, 5.8, 2 (47%, 37%, 89%)

Hayward: 19.6, 4.9, 4.1, 1.4 (46%, 39%, 81%)

I think Hayward deserves it but think Monta will get the nod.

dame.gif

Why in the world would they pick Hayward over Dirk or Monta?

Because he's played better than them this year would be the conventional answer. The only reason they should pick those two over Hayward is team record or lifetime achievement considerations. I don't think Duncan deserved to be an AS this year, but his lifetime greatness prevailed etc.

monta ellis has played better than haywards bro. lmao. u gotta account for the factor of someone havin to put up numbers on crap teams. look at guys like bosh and love. they were puttin up big numbers but shrank when they got on good teams. monta puttin up big numbers on a good team.

monta ellis has played better than haywards bro. lmao. u gotta account for the factor of someone havin to put up numbers on crap teams. look at guys like bosh and love. they were puttin up big numbers but shrank when they got on good teams. monta puttin up big numbers on a good team.

Good point, since having a Hall of Famer, a championship caliber coach, and multiple veteran teammates with rings doesn't help you to be a better player.

I'm not necessarily saying Monta hasn't played better, but this argument doesn't hold water. Ask Garnett about his Timber Wolves days.

then whatcha sayin

OK, touche.

1) Your argument about good teams is BS. Monta has actually played better with Carlisle who is a superb coach, than when he was on a crappy team. Thus, Monta himself proves your argument and evidence false, i.e., a player that put up good but inefficient numbers on a crap team has performed better on a good team. The point is that you evaluate the player and how he has made his teammates better and the individual performances he has had against all teams. Hayward has played plenty bigtime against elite teams.

2) I haven't watched Ellis enough this year to make as accurate a selection as I would like, but he's always been an inefficient player, who gambles a lot on D. His stats support this, and this is why I would give Hayward the individual nod, but think Monta will be selected because of his team's record.

Yeah, if Dallas doesn't have an all star, they got to send a Mav. But based on individual achievement, Hayward should go. I'm not sure the Jazz would have won 6 games without Hayward.

That argument only works if he's been putting those numbers inefficiently. In reality Hayward has been playing with great efficiency and has been effecting our games in a whole lot of ways. I seriously don't know if we would have gotten to 10 wins this season if we didn't resign Hayward.

Some advanced stats:

WAR:
Monta: 4.17
Hayward: 6.82
Dirk: 2.22

RPM:
Monta: 1.63
Hayward: 4.45
Dirk: 0.29

PER:
Monta: 18.58
Hayward: 20.50